Help Kitten Fell

oliviaands

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my kitten fell off the banisters (abt 6ft) she was walking fine immediately after, still walking fine all locomotive skill is still there. Pupils look okay but she started sneezing after she fell. I called the vet they spoke to the doctor and said if the sneezing stops after 2 hours and there’s no swelling and blood she should be okay. The sneezing has stopped and there’s no swelling or blood, but now she is just sleeping. Is she in shock? When I pick her up she doesn’t move a ton but then when I put her back down she jumped back onto my couch. Do I have anything to be worried about?

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old is she?

From the way you describe it she sounds like she is fine, though it is definitely a scary thing to experience!
We've had things like that happen before. I think the fear and adrenaline makes them sleepy afterwards. My Nocturne hit her head as a kitten and was very sleepy and limp afterwards, made me think she had head trauma, but she was just tired after the scare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oliviaands

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s only 9 weeks that’s why I’m scared but she’s still jumping on things and even played a bit after it happened, now she’s just sleeping and a little limp like you said

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oliviaands

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s having one or two risidule sneezes ?? I’m not sure if this is okay

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did the vet say if sneezing was an issue associated with head trauma?

We had a ferret who fell and hit her head (she was completely fine) but she scared us half to death when she started backing up and shaking her head. She sneezed a couple times and than walked off. I think maybe they just get something up their nose or something?