[help] I've Adopted A Stray Kitten

Adem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've found a stray kitten and brought it back home but I'm unable to determine the age so I can take proper care of it.
If any of you could help me with that I'll be more than grateful.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS.
What a cute kitten. Thanks for rescuing him/her. :petcat:

Are you able to take him/her for a vet checkup? Kittens usually need to be dewormed. Plus they need shots to prevent diseases.

Here's a few TCS articles that might be helpful:
How Old Is My Kitten?
Kitten Development Stages - Illustrated Guide
The Essentials Of Kitten Nutrition
How To Train Kittens To Use The Litter Box

9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips

Cat Vaccinations: A Quick & Useful Guide

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say around 8 weeks. Eye color starts to change at 7 weeks. A 4 week old is roughly 1 pound, a twelve week old 2 lbs. What a precious little cutie! Look at those long legs! At this age they are using many more calories then they cam take in because kittens are such high energy. Feed him as much as he wants of canned food several times a day and leave hard kitten food down for in between snacks. He may like some kitten milk replacement or goats milk too, an egg yolk mixed in helps his coat. he looks a little thin, but kittens do slim down at that age because they play so much.
He is SO lucky to have found you, your heart will welcome his love and he will be forever in your debt. Bless you for helping him, please come here anytime if you have questions or need advise, we would be more than happy to help you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say around 8 weeks. Eye color starts to change at 7 weeks. A 4 week old is roughly 1 pound, a twelve week old 2 lbs. What a precious little cutie! Look at those long legs! At this age they are using many more calories then they cam take in because kittens are such high energy. Feed him as much as he wants of canned food several times a day and leave hard kitten food down for in between snacks. He may like some kitten milk replacement or goats milk too, an egg yolk mixed in helps his coat. he looks a little thin, but kittens do slim down at that age because they play so much.
He is SO lucky to have found you, your heart will welcome his love and he will be forever in your debt. Bless you for helping him, please come here anytime if you have questions or need advise, we would be more than happy to help you!
Thank you so much for responding, all of your tips are very useful!! I hope he's happy to be adopted as much as I'm happy to be able to do that, I'll definitely come back with more questions as I'm trying to help him as good as I can. Thank you so much again, you really helped a lot!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS.
What a cute kitten. Thanks for rescuing him/her. :petcat:

Are you able to take him/her for a vet checkup? Kittens usually need to be dewormed. Plus they need shots to prevent diseases.

Here's a few TCS articles that might be helpful:
How Old Is My Kitten?
Kitten Development Stages - Illustrated Guide
The Essentials Of Kitten Nutrition
How To Train Kittens To Use The Litter Box

9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips

Cat Vaccinations: A Quick & Useful Guide
Thank you so much, I rereal appreciate you responding!! The links you provided really helped me.