Help, is my cat pregnant?

Neya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I have an unspayed cat at home, on February 20th she went out of my home while in heat and returned the next day, it's April 16th I estimate for her to be about 6-7 weeks pregnant by now, her belly has enlarged, and she eats a lot more than before, however, what bothers me is that her nipples aren't exactly "pinked-up" yes, like 4 of them have become rosier in color, slightly enlarged, but no intense red in any of them, and two of her nipples look normal I'd like to know if that's normal. That's what her belly looks like. Thanks.

Attachments

S2X1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not an expert but my cat got pregnant around Feb 12th and she gave birth a week ago. She looked very similar to your cat. I do think there’s a high chance she is pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not an expert but my cat got pregnant around Feb 12th and she gave birth a week ago. She looked very similar to your cat. I do think there’s a high chance she is pregnant.
Oh is that so? Maybe she's pregnant after all, by the way, do you remember how her nipples looked like when she was pregnant, or were they very pronounced, unlike mine?

S2X1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I screenshotted a video of my cat just around a week before she gave birth

S2X1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh is that so? Maybe she's pregnant after all, by the way, do you remember how her nipples looked like when she was pregnant, or were they very pronounced, unlike mine?
A cat that I visited had very small nipples and she was pregnant. Can you see/feel the babies moving? I could feel them at that point in my cats pregnancy but it depends on the cat.

Neya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry my hand slipped but that’s what it was like about a week before she gave birth. Her nipples weren’t that big tbh on this video this was the biggest nipple.
That's exactly how the look like 2 of her nipples, the other two are pretty enlarged, and the other two look normal lol plainly white. Guess she's pregnant, thanks for the help :D

Neya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A cat that I visited had very small nipples and she was pregnant. Can you see/feel the babies moving? I could feel them at that point in my cats pregnancy but it depends on the cat.
I haven't paid that much attention to see if the babies are moving yet--but I suspect she's still at an early stage of pregnancy right? Or do babies start moving around weeks 6-7?

S2X1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I definitely felt her babies at that stage. My cat gave birth after she reached 8 1/2 weeks of her pregnancy. You could visibly see the babies kick her. If your cat is round with her belly on the sides, has those nipples and went out during heat I definitely think she’s pregnant. I’d she’s 6/7 weeks there isn’t long left. I would think about nests for her. Good luck to you and your cat. If you can, please keep me update :)

Neya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I definitely felt her babies at that stage. My cat gave birth after she reached 8 1/2 weeks of her pregnancy. You could visibly see the babies kick her. If your cat is round with her belly on the sides, has those nipples and went out during heat I definitely think she’s pregnant. I’d she’s 6/7 weeks there isn’t long left. I would think about nests for her. Good luck to you and your cat. If you can, please keep me update :)
Ohh, that's good to know, thanks :D I should keep an eye on her and see if their kicking her yet---and yes, she's definitely round on both sides, I estimate for her to give birth in the early days of May. Good idea, I had planned to make a makeshift box with blankets for her, think that'll work? No worries, I'll keep you updated, I'll send you a better pic of her belly when I get home. Thanks for the help :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat is definitely pregnant. She is now 58 days along. Cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days, so expect kittens in the next ten days; most likely end of this month.

Please plan to spay your cat after this litter weans and do not let her outside in the meantime.

Neya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your cat is definitely pregnant. She is now 58 days along. Cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days, so expect kittens in the next ten days; most likely end of this month.

Please plan to spay your cat after this litter weans and do not let her outside in the meantime.
Oh! She's close by her end day then :0 that's good to know, gotta be prepared sooner than expected then lol. No worries, I do plan to spay her once the babies no longer need her care :D