Help! Is my cat a Ragdoll ?

xiatchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I am new here. A few months ago, someone abandoned a cat . She is about 4 to 5 years old, weighing 5 to 6kg.

Can someone hep me to determine what breed is she? Thank you so much.

cat1.jpg
cat3.jpg
cat4.jpg
cat5.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely beautiful! Ragdolls usually have much longer fur. without papers the breed is moot, she will be known as a pointed domestic long hair or DLH. With her perfect 'shoes' on her feet, she may have some Snowshoe somewhere is her background. No matter what she looks like she has some kind of Oriental, especially with her points and blue eyes, so she will be talkative, people-oriented, and stubborn! You are very lucky to have her in your life, thank you so much for giving her a home!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous, you are very lucky and ty so much for saving her❤ She will be called a dlh pointed cat without papers etc. have you checked her for a chip in case she is lost? She def looks rag dollish and snow shoeish. RD can also have the white mitts etc. Ragdolls are super fluffy as d& b mentioned, but she does look,pretty fluffy in that last pic. All pointed cats have some siamese ancestry however distant since that is where the points came from. RD started with a domestic white long hair cat named Josephine who was “Persian like” being bred with male Birman or Burmese like kitties who had siamese points. I did a collage of her with some pb RD pics.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xiatchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is gorgeous, you are very lucky and ty so much for saving her❤ She will be called a dlh pointed cat without papers etc. have you checked her for a chip in case she is lost? She def looks rag dollish and snow shoeish. RD can also have the white mitts etc. Ragdolls are super fluffy as d& b mentioned, but she does look,pretty fluffy in that last pic. All pointed cats have some siamese ancestry however distant since that is where the points came from. RD started with a domestic white long hair cat named Josephine who was “Persian like” being bred with male Birman or Burmese like kitties who had siamese points. I did a collage of her with some pb RD pics.
Hello, Thank you and I really appreciate your reply. the last picture was taken last winter, I think that is why she looks so fluffy. I already went to the vet but she has no microchip. I think the reason why they dumped her is because she is loud at night and or maybe in heat. I already scheduled her to the vet for spaying. Thank you for the collage picture of her. I love it :redheartpump::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xiatchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is absolutely beautiful! Ragdolls usually have much longer fur. without papers the breed is moot, she will be known as a pointed domestic long hair or DLH. With her perfect 'shoes' on her feet, she may have some Snowshoe somewhere is her background. No matter what she looks like she has some kind of Oriental, especially with her points and blue eyes, so she will be talkative, people-oriented, and stubborn! You are very lucky to have her in your life, thank you so much for giving her a home!
Yes you are right. She is very talkative with a snobbish attitude. I adopted her with my other cats.

Thank you for the reply. :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
X xiatchie
Beautiful kitty 🌸 she looks like a Ragdoll to me. Her weight is greater than a typical cat which fits with her being Ragdoll.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Thank you and I really appreciate your reply. the last picture was taken last winter, I think that is why she looks so fluffy. I already went to the vet but she has no microchip. I think the reason why they dumped her is because she is loud at night and or maybe in heat. I already scheduled her to the vet for spaying. Thank you for the collage picture of her. I love it :redheartpump::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
Yw 😀 longhair cats tend to get fluffier in winter. My Syb( profile pic) was part nfc/ Siberian and she shed quite a bit in spring / summer but I also had to trim her due to matts because she hated being brushed etc. That is great you are getting her spayed. I did another collage of her last night with pb tortie point / calico RD who have the asymmetry like she does. And here is a pic of Josephine also with her first kittens I think.

AD786045-47EA-4B49-A2FF-B997FB0AFBD7.png

CBBE4151-8D27-4A04-BB8F-15DBB88396E6.jpeg