Help identifying this please

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

About 2 weeks old. Bottle baby. Not mine but a friend's foster. He had a small cut that was almost completely healed over then this happened. Any ideas as to what it might be? He'll go to a vet but at this time is not acting any different and it is not bothering him.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
About 2 weeks old. Bottle baby. Not mine but a friend's foster. He had a small cut that was almost completely healed over then this happened. Any ideas as to what it might be? He'll go to a vet but at this time is not acting any different and it is not bothering him.
I dont see really - there is some sort of  a bubble?  Is the paw darkened?  It would be easier having the other paw to compare with.

Anyway,  my guess its a vet errand, asap vet errand.  Even if the kitten seems to move as usual.  

Cats have good healing meat, but if there comes a aggressive strain of bacterias...  Or some sort of  non-oxygen bacteria...  It would be typical - the wound seems to heal, and because of it, them are blossoming up, as there is no longer oxygen to stop them growing...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! Is that fluid filled like a blister?

When will he see the vet? It looks like it may need draining and antibiotics. The tips of his claws need trimming as well. [emoji]128522[/emoji]