Help identify cat breed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mellyj87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I were to guess at a breed lookalike, I would go with Siberian.
Good guess. 😊 She's a Maine Coon x Siberian. I also think she looks more like the Siberian mom.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good guess. 😊 She's a Maine Coon x Siberian. I also think she looks more like the Siberian mom.
That explains the big ears then! :lol: She looks overall Siberian but, when I was looking at the ears my thought was " those don't look like Siberian ears." Siberians have smaller ears. That must be daddy's ears then. Other than her color and ears she looks a lot like my Manny which I believe may be Siberian. He looks Siberian and his DNA came back as a top match for Siberian, just don't have the papers to prove it.

So your sure she's MC x Siberian? You know both the parents?

A pic of Manny....
IMG_4785.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mellyj87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That explains the big ears then! :lol: She looks overall Siberian but, when I was looking at the ears my thought was " those don't look like Siberian ears." Siberians have smaller ears. That must be daddy's ears then. Other than her color and ears she looks a lot like my Manny which I believe may be Siberian. He looks Siberian and his DNA came back as a top match for Siberian, just don't have the papers to prove it.

So your sure she's MC x Siberian? You know both the parents?

A pic of Manny....
View attachment 335865
Oh wow, Manny is gorgeous!

Yes, know both parents. Dad is a black smoke MC, huge stunning cat. Initially what I wanted, but when I saw Elsa I fell in love. And mommy is a red silver Siberian. Also quite big.

I think she's going to end up looking like mom bit with dad's ears 😊

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Manny's a good guy and has a great temperament.

It's possible she may grow into those ears but I kinda doubt it. :lol: The look on her face is the exact same looks I get from Manny. He has no problem looking you in the eye and it's like he's reading facial expressions or something.

She looks fairly biggish for 9 weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if she winds up around 15lbs. She's adorable! Enjoy!