HELP - I accidentally cut my cats skin :(

hailzsnailz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I regularly shave my cat with professional pet clippers as he is very long haired and he gets very hot and matted in summer, I accidentally cut through the first layer of skin!! It's only a small wound and is not bleeding you can just see the fleshy pink underneath.
WHAT SHOULD I DO!?
I feel so terrible about this :( he does not seem to be in any pain but I am so upset by it. Going to the vet is really not a option for me, I really can't afford it as I am a uni student :( please help any advice would be muchky appreciated!

cloa513

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just apply cat wound- search for cat wound care- I can't post a link but many good ones.

Basically clean the wound and keep on eye on the wound for a few days. If the cat is good health then he should heal fine. Depending on the cat then vet care may be counterproductive (distressing) anyway for wounds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hailzsnailz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much. Ill try find some now :) it's most appreciated!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You can use neosporin ointment on the wound. Make sure it's plain neosporin, with no lidocaine or other pain killer added.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can use neosporin ointment on the wound. Make sure it's plain neosporin, with no lidocaine or other pain killer added.
Neosporin isn't available in Australia (or New Zealand), where I assume the poster lives as she mentioned it being Summer. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hailzsnailz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your help :) the wound seems to be healing ok by it's self, it has a small scan on the top but nothing I be worried about I don't think .) and yes I do live in Australia :) I managed to find some cat wound care at my local pet supplier and have been applying that.