help have a pregnant cat

kannie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need some info on a birthing cat, she may not do what is expected of her and I need to know what to do to help if I have to, any one with any sites or info . thank you so much

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is she small for her age or just too young? Is that why you are concerned about having to help her birth them? Usually the mom cat knows how to give birth, and what you need to be aware of is that sometimes, the female will sit on her kittens and smother them. You just need to be there and move them out of the way once the sac is broken and the kitten is licked clean.

If the cat is really young, there is a possibility of many problems and you will want to call a vet and get his ideas and suggestions. Good luck!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I moved this to the health forum so it would get noticed. You should do a search on the site for some more tips. There have been a few discussions on this over the past months. What Hissy said is true, most cats have that natural instinct.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, unless there is some problem with her, she should give birth just fine! Keep us posted! And welcome to the forums!!