Help - Has Anyone Tried Royal Canin Gastro Fiber Response?

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried the Royal Canin Gastro Fiber Response food? I just ordered some for my girl. She was on the Royal Canin Hairball food and that was working well for her constipation for many month and now it doesn't seem to be working. I know the Gastro food has gotten a lot of really good reviews.

tibble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin Gastro Fiber Response worked very well for my cat. Within a few days you should notice a big difference if its going to work on your cat. The poop comes out much larger than normal but also softer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! She already has fairly large poop but it's like petrified wood when it comes out. So dry and hard. She's never had soft poop but she's at least gone every other day and now it's slowed down to every three days, which I don't like. She won't eat much canned food and won't touch pumpkin. Loves dry.

tibble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if the food does not work within a few days you should take him to the vet and do bloodwork to check his kidneys. Many times constipation, harder stools, days without going are signs of kidney disease. Hope it works for you