HELP hair stuck on cat's eye!

elicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a domestic long hair who is now 6 months old. 

I noticed a hair on his eye a few weeks ago and just thought it would go away by itself. Now today it some bright light I noticed that the hair is still there. My partner and I used some saline and tried to wash it out but it didn't budge. 

Should this warrant a trip to the vet? 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you sure it's a hair, and not a scratch on on the cat's cornea?

I'd bring him/her in to the vet to check it out at this point to rule that out.  

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They'll probably put a medical dye in the eye, turn off the lights, then take a look with a special light. It's easy and not very expensive to have done. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They'll probably put a medical dye in the eye, turn off the lights, then take a look with a special light. It's easy and not very expensive to have done. 
Yep, we had to have one of our cats looked at recently. Our other one swiped him during a bout of misdirected aggression (enemy cat outside - she was trying to get him but since he was outside, and our other cat inside - he got the brunt of her annoyance).  It was very easy and only took a minute if that.  And yes, his cornea was scratched - they flushed it, cleaned it out with antibiotic ointment and that was that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll take him to the vet soon.