HELP! Going on vacation! How do i set up the food i leave fow her..?!

nimlezz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im going on vacation 3 hours away from here and im confused on how to set up the food that i leave for her? The water isnt a problem but what if she eats most of the food the first day and the next to she goes hungry??

And what about the litterbox? What if she poops in places around the house because im not there to scoop once a day..?

_thanks guys.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!

The most important question is how long are you going for?

Regardless, is it at all  possible to have someone come and check in on her, even if it's just once? There is no way to guarantee that a cat is going to regulate her food intake on her own.  One option is an automatic feeder, where a set amount comes out each day. However, they are somewhat pricey (depending on what you consider pricey) and occasionally malfunction.

Last edited:

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with @tulosai  

Even if you're gone for 2 days, you should have someone check on your cat.

Before you go please please make sure to cat proof your home or the area where kitty will be so she doesn't hurt herself.

I usually leave a bowl of kibble out for my cats, and some days of the week i have really long days where i'm at work and school. They munch on the kibble when ever they feel like, and they get wet food once i get home. You should have someone check on your kitty once a day to clean the littler and re up on the food. Usually half a cup of kibble lasts both of my kitties 24 hours. and perhaps the person that checks on her could re up her food and give her a can too while they are there. 

if its more than one day, definitely please have someone check on kitty. just to make sure she's good on food, fresh water, and her litter box is clean.