Help from Dog Lovers In Virginia

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need help from dog lovers located in and around Virginia. My little sister has a sweet German shepherd- boxer cross that needs to re homed asap. Her name is Alice and she is an amazing dog who is great with other dogs and little kids. Alice is 5 years old and my sister took her in 3 years ago with the intent of giving her a forever home. Unfortunately, her husband suddenly became seriously ill with a heart condition and after a month in the hospital is home with a port. It has been recommended that he live in an animal free home as an infection in that port would kill him. Also, he has breathing problems and was already allergic to Alice before all this happened. So, as much as it is killing my sister, she knows it would be best for Alice to be re homed than to live outside for the rest of her life. Alice has some health issues. I think it is mainly a restricted diet, but I am not totally sure. She has no behavioral problems. I live in Michigan, so posting this on here is all that I can do to help my sister and Alice out. If anyone lives in Virginia and either can take her(I know HUGE ask) or knows of local rescues that might take her, I would be very thankful. Even a fostering situation would be better than the way things are now. There was just no warning and unfortunately this has to happen yesterday. My sister is already looking online for local rescues and applying to them. I just thought it couldn't hurt to post here as well. Thanks!

20190825_163805.jpg 20200527_163133.jpg IMG_20170925_094747498_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
123_1_07.jpg IMG_20180315_185828361.jpg

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your sister and her husband. :frown: I feel especially sorry for poor Alice having been lovingly cared for by your sister and now needing to be rehomed but understand the hardship your sister is going through. Whatever your sister does please advise her not to post on Craig's List and if Alice does go to a shelter make sure it is a no-kill shelter. Although I don't live anywhere near VA I know of several rescue groups in our area that take in senior pets only. Perhaps there is a similar organization in VA or a neighboring state. I would also contact your sister's vet to ask them if they know of any foster groups in her area. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Best of luck and please keep us posted on Alice. Fingers crossed she finds her next forever home.:crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise