help find a home for abandoned sweet boy

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
unnamed (1).jpg

This sweet boy was bottle-raised by a neighbor. He might be about 10 years old now. Some years ago, kitty preferred other neighbors down the street, which the original neighbors resented. They got a dog instead. Apparently now the second caregivers left or do not want him anymore. Original neighbors claim he was never theirs.
He is very sweet, craves attention, tries to get inside a home (my cats chase him out and I am about to move soon so cannot take him on).
Any ideas of how to find him a loving home? I've posted him on nextdoor, no takers so far. I don't want to surrender him to a shelter where he might get euthanized...

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 415190

This sweet boy was bottle-raised by a neighbor. He might be about 10 years old now. Some years ago, kitty preferred other neighbors down the street, which the original neighbors resented. They got a dog instead. Apparently now the second caregivers left or do not want him anymore. Original neighbors claim he was never theirs.
He is very sweet, craves attention, tries to get inside a home (my cats chase him out and I am about to move soon so cannot take him on).
Any ideas of how to find him a loving home? I've posted him on nextdoor, no takers so far. I don't want to surrender him to a shelter where he might get euthanized...
Thanks for helping this sweetie. You can try Adopt A Pet where you get to screen but there is a small fee. Check for groups on FB for rehoming.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
“kittens To Good Homes” – How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens – TheCatSite Articles
Tips for Finding a Home for a Pet - Petfinder

Finding a new home
If you decide that rehoming your pet is the best option, keep in mind that despite the best efforts of shelters and rescues to care for their animals, your home is usually the best place for your pet while you search for an adopter.

By taking on the task of finding your pet a home, you can also reduce competition for limited space and resources in shelters or rescues. Here are some tips for placing your pet in a loving new home.

• Make your pet more attractive to potential adopters. Have your pet vaccinated and checked by a veterinarian. Making sure your pet is spayed or neutered may also make them more likely to be chosen by a new owner.
  • Advertise through friends, neighbors and local veterinarians. Your personal network is the best pool of adopters for your pet. Ask your veterinarian if you can place a poster advertising your pet’s need for a new home. Place flyers promoting your pet at work, school, church and other public places you frequent. Include a good-quality photo and appealing description of your pet.
  • Leverage your social network. Post your pet’s photo and story and ask your friends to share it on their social streams.
  • Be transparent with potential adopters. Be prepared to share details about your pet's personality and how they get along with other pets and people. Share your pet’s favorite things and not-so-favorite things. And share any medical or behavior issues your pet is experiencing so that potential new owners will have the information they need to determine if your pet would be a good fit for their family.
  • Get help from shelters and rescue groups. Some sheltering and rescue organizations may post your pet’s picture and profile on their website as a courtesy listing, while your pet stays in your home. Your local agencies may have other programs to help you rehome your pet. (From The HSUS website).