Help Dale Ditch Dental Disease

alice79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you're all familiar here with colony cats and understand that their care doesn't just stop at TNR. It's a lifelong commitment of providing food, shelter, parasite control, medical treatment when needed, and of course love. When multiple cats are involved in cat be a struggle for caretakers. I'm struggling a bit right now to provide a much needed dental to one of my boys Dale. He shouldn't have to suffer because I'm falling short. Please considering sharing his fundraiser and donating if you are able to so he can feel better. Many hands and hearts make light work
💨 Help Dale Ditch Dental Disease 💨

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am sure you already have a network affiliated with rescue centers? Sometimes, there are vets who work with these rescue centers and their 'volunteer' caretakers, that will extend payment plans/reduced payment programs to those in the 'network'. I found one such lady in my neighborhood (via Next Door Neighbor, for a whole other issue), who is known (by word of mouth) to others, and just recently took on a cat that was hit by a car. She took it to one of the vets in their 'network', and he was treated there and housed for a number of weeks. This lady was able to get a discount for services as well as a long term payment plan. She too, went through GoFundMe, but I do not know how much she got from that vs. what she paid out of pocket. Also, Pet Funding That Helps With Vet Bills | Animal Welfare Organization.

Just some other things to consider.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alice79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions
Unfortunately the vets in my area don't offer payment plans. They expect payment in full at the time of service which I can understand. I did link up with a rescue so I can use their discount but I am still responsible for paying the bill. That was the best they could do but it's better than nothing. Dental surgeries tend to be pricey especially with the xrays but they are necessary. I've seen far too many cats get $1000 dentals only to go on to need a second one at the same cost to remove what the first surgery missed like painful root fragments.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You might also start a funding campaign with Waggle.com. This organization pays funds directly to the vet, which makes a lot of people feel safer when donating. I am sharing your campaign, though, and will share any with Waggle that you might do. I'm pretty strapped this month, but if next month is better, I'll donate what I can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alice79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Waggle didn't work out as the vet didn't quite understand it. I am lucky I was able to get a discount. It took a lot of back and forth and phone calls from the rescue helping me. The receptionist looked at me like I was a shoplifter :-( Dale is doing pretty good though so far as he finally got his dental surgery this morning. Still a little loopy form the anesthesia but seems comfortable and did eat some slurry tonight

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
You might also start a funding campaign with Waggle.com. This organization pays funds directly to the vet, which makes a lot of people feel safer when donating. I am sharing your campaign, though, and will share any with Waggle that you might do. I'm pretty strapped this month, but if next month is better, I'll donate what I can.
I didn't even know that was a thing! Wish I had known when we were struggling with our dogs bill. Thanks for posting it!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't even know that was a thing! Wish I had known when we were struggling with our dogs bill. Thanks for posting it!
You're welcome, but it is Waggle.org actually. I had a bad case of finger fairies that day!