Help catching my semi feral cat.

WWG1WGA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I have written before about Buddy. He lives on my property, has kitty houses and I believe he is having a dental problem, for 2 months his eating has been erratic, lost many pounds, now. I have to puree his food to get him to eat. The local vet I use has been nice enough to allow me to bring him in anyday I can catch him before 9:30AM. Soo I am ready to do this, but he wont go near the trap, I was thinking of a net or if you guys have any suggestions please help. This is tearing my heart apart for months. So any help catching a feral that 1. Knows me, will come when called 2. Will allow me within two feet 3. lets me get fairly close, a few feet. Please help, My heart and nerves are being broken.
Thank you,
Shawn

Blaster2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wish I had an answer caught mine today as it is limping badly and hurt it’s back leg. Got it in a cage called the vet but it ripped the door off the cage darted straight across a main road and haven’t seen it since this morning .worried sick. Some one says get it in a sleeping bag or throw a blanket over it but not sure. Now I’ve failed it’s possibly not a good idea to try again in the next few days. Just hope it gets back ok!! Good luck with yours mine is semi feral Nightmare to catch.!!😹

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried a drop trap?

You could also try to feed in an unset trap or a medium sized dog carrier. It does take a few days or so, but it can work. The dog carriers are nice and tall, but not a crate. They are made of thick plastic. If you can get close enough to get the door closed while he's inside it might work. I know some people who have attached a rope to the door and sat a distance away and then pulled the rope to the close the door.

There are also remote control triggered traps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WWG1WGA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wish I had an answer caught mine today as it is limping badly and hurt it’s back leg. Got it in a cage called the vet but it ripped the door off the cage darted straight across a main road and haven’t seen it since this morning .worried sick. Some one says get it in a sleeping bag or throw a blanket over it but not sure. Now I’ve failed it’s possibly not a good idea to try again in the next few days. Just hope it gets back ok!! Good luck with yours mine is semi feral Nightmare to catch.!!😹
Thank you. I am sorry you missed on yours today. Its very difficult I get so upset. I am praying you are successful next time. God Bless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WWG1WGA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a drop trap?

You could also try to feed in an unset trap or a medium sized dog carrier. It does take a few days or so, but it can work. The dog carriers are nice and tall, but not a crate. They are made of thick plastic. If you can get close enough to get the door closed while he's inside it might work. I know some people who have attached a rope to the door and sat a distance away and then pulled the rope to the close the door.

There are also remote control triggered traps.
Havent tried a drop trap, I will look into it, thank you.

Szczygiel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I have written before about Buddy. He lives on my property, has kitty houses and I believe he is having a dental problem, for 2 months his eating has been erratic, lost many pounds, now. I have to puree his food to get him to eat. The local vet I use has been nice enough to allow me to bring him in anyday I can catch him before 9:30AM. Soo I am ready to do this, but he wont go near the trap, I was thinking of a net or if you guys have any suggestions please help. This is tearing my heart apart for months. So any help catching a feral that 1. Knows me, will come when called 2. Will allow me within two feet 3. lets me get fairly close, a few feet. Please help, My heart and nerves are being broken.
Thank you,
Shawn
Do not feed for couple of days and put tuna in trap

Last edited by a moderator: