HELP Cat will not stop crying!! :(

lauraann864

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There's a adult cat that has been roaming through out apartment complex and will not stop crying like it's lost! It will stop crying if you give it attention. It isn't hungry because it has been fed. It might be looking for its home but I'm not sure it has one anymore. One resident tried getting it to come inside but it ran back out and continued crying. It lets you pick it up but only for a second then it gets irritated. I don't know what to do.. I can't bring it in because I have an aggressive male cat. Could it be crying because it's sick? It won't stop :(

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try trapping it and relocating it to a farm if you know any farmers.

Without trapping it there's no way to know if it's sick or not.

Please make sure it is fixed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauraann864

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know anyone that would take it? I can trap it but I can't bring it home because I have a cat of my own. I don't want mine to get sick.. I don't know why the can't won't go inside it cries like it wants to but then doesn't

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with IndyJones that if it is an intact male, it could be looking for a mate. But since it is also allowing human attention, it does sound more like a lost or abandoned pet. When my father died, his wolf-dog moped around for months and his cats would call and call, endlessly, stopping only when we would pet/groom them. His Siamese mix actually refused to come inside after awhile and eventually disappeared - she would go to a far neighbor's house periodically then stopped coming around altogether. I still have his other cat - she came around when my grandson came to live with us. Is there anyway that your neighbor could give it an outside shelter & routine feeding, if you trap it? The latest thing is "Trap, Neuter, Vaccinate, Return to Field" - definitely not an ideal situation but it would give your neighbor a chance to persuade it to become an inside cat and it would allow you to rule out any medical reasons for meowing, such as crystals in the bladder. A tough situation and you are a real angel for doing the right thing by the cat :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauraann864

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well... it disappeared one day. Some residents say they saw someone let it in and out of their apartment so I'm thinking it would cry when it got kicked out but then they would let it back in.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is so hard to say no, when it is like having an infant crying at your door or a small child throwing pebbles at your window pane. Well, thank you LauraAnn for letting us know.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats speak to each other, even those who were raised by feral moms. I suppose i should video it. They typically meow ( in addtition to grunts, growls, trills and hisses) at the food bowls or to call to each other in the yard.