HELP!!! Cat spraying

Sherry333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How do I stop my cat from spraying I. The house? He was abandoned and I took him in. He is spraying in the house I took him to the vet she said he does not have any urinary issues. He’s a nice cat but I can’t get him to stop.

DreamiesProvider

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is he neutered? If not this may be contributing to the spraying.
If he struggles with using a litterbox and needs to be litter trained I recommend a cat stain and odour remover such as this

Cats often come back to spots they sprayed in to do it again. We are having slight issues with our 7 month old and we also installed more litter boxes around to encourage him to use them, this has been quite helpful while we are waiting for the neutering appointment.

Looking online this link may be useful to cat protection's info on spraying - it is possible he doesn't feel secure in the home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sherry333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is neutered although he is about 5 and wasn’t neutered until I took him in. Thanks for the info. It could be not feeling secure. I have an older female that is having trouble adapting. I have tried feliway defusers I may have to purchase another one.

Willowwombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My adoptee Dude was spraying a bit when I first got him, as I already had a female cat and he was trying to claim some safe spaces for himself. A year later, he understands that the whole house is his and he no longer sprays at all.

Your little guy is just anxious and unsure of his place. Keep cleaning up the sprays diligently.

And yes, Feliway diffusers are a good idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sherry333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww. Thank you !!! You guys are so helpful!!! 🥰