Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Help! Cat Poop Stuck To Anus!

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by Imagine15, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Imagine15

Imagine15 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Sep 9, 2018
    6BD66E36-CD74-4728-9463-DC8D53B6BEDF.png 380C47B5-1BE0-48A4-91D5-98D1FCAC641F.png my husband just showed me one of our cats’ butt. She has poop coming out of her butt in a very hard, dry...almost like a rope. Her skin is stuck to it and it’s IN the poop so I can’t just cut it off without cutting her. I trimmed it a bit. What do I do and what can I do to prevent this from happening again? I’ve never seen anything like this after having many cats for 25 years!

Echy purraised this.

2. Wile

Wile Opener of cans Alpha Cat

Aug 22, 2018
    Canada
    Sometimes a small hairball can do something like that. If she will let you I would try wiping it with a warm cloth and gently pulling it to see if it will easily come off.

Echy purraised this.

3. tabbytom

tabbytom Happiness is being owned by a cat Staff Member Mentor

May 12, 2016
    Garden City, Singapore
    :hellosmiley: Imagine15, welcome to TCS!

Is your cat constipated or have she had enough water to keep her hydrated and did she swallow something like a cord or piece string or yarn?

Please do not pull the poo out as it may cause further injury to the anus as the poo is dry and hard.

Please bring her in to the vet for an assessment and the vet has a way to remove the stuck poo.

Keep us posted after the visit to vet.

Royalty purraised this.

4. Imagine15

Imagine15 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Sep 9, 2018
    Hello!

She has definitely had watervavailsble to her 24/7 and she had her one can of wet food as always. Nothing has changed diet wise. I certainly haven’t seen her eat any cord or string, but I don’t see everything she does.