Help! Cat Poop Stuck To Anus!

Imagine15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
6BD66E36-CD74-4728-9463-DC8D53B6BEDF.png
380C47B5-1BE0-48A4-91D5-98D1FCAC641F.png
my husband just showed me one of our cats’ butt. She has poop coming out of her butt in a very hard, dry...almost like a rope. Her skin is stuck to it and it’s IN the poop so I can’t just cut it off without cutting her. I trimmed it a bit. What do I do and what can I do to prevent this from happening again? I’ve never seen anything like this after having many cats for 25 years!

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes a small hairball can do something like that. If she will let you I would try wiping it with a warm cloth and gently pulling it to see if it will easily come off.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:hellosmiley: Imagine15, welcome to TCS!

Is your cat constipated or have she had enough water to keep her hydrated and did she swallow something like a cord or piece string or yarn?

Please do not pull the poo out as it may cause further injury to the anus as the poo is dry and hard.

Please bring her in to the vet for an assessment and the vet has a way to remove the stuck poo.

Keep us posted after the visit to vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Imagine15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

She has definitely had watervavailsble to her 24/7 and she had her one can of wet food as always. Nothing has changed diet wise. I certainly haven’t seen her eat any cord or string, but I don’t see everything she does.

:hellosmiley: Imagine15, welcome to TCS!

Is your cat constipated or have she had enough water to keep her hydrated and did she swallow something like a cord or piece string or yarn?

Please do not pull the poo out as it may cause further injury to the anus as the poo is dry and hard.

Please bring her in to the vet for an assessment and the vet has a way to remove the stuck poo.

Keep us posted after the visit to vet.

MistyandMilo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, did you ever get this sorted? My cat has the same! I’m not sure what to do! X