Help! Cat One Eye Blink after Dental Procedure

lunasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and this is my first post.

I'm a little concerned about my cat's post-dental/anesthesia recovery and here are the backgrounds:
My cat Fugui is a 3-year-old Maine Coon who had a dental procedure today due to the fact that she had red upper left gum, and sometimes bleed when brushed.
She was first checked by the dental department on 7/18, the doctor was very impressed by how little tarter and plaque she has, which showed our brushing efforts every other day actually worked, but was also concerned about the red gum and the bleeding. They decided to do an X-Ray, cleaning, and biopsies on her to find out the exact reason.
Fugui got her procedures under anesthesia this morning, and was picked up at noon. She has a good apatite with her freeze dried food soaked in water.

My 2 concerns are:
1. She never slept after getting back home, and it's been 8 hours now. She just sat or loafed and kept her eyes shut most of the time.
2. Her right eye is half shut or blinking and cannot open as normal as her left eye. It is her lower and upper lids that are blinking but not the 3rd lid.

I also called in and the doctor suggest monitor her until tomorrow morning to see if that improves.
Does anyone has experiences like this before, and should I be worried? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello- welcome!

Hopefully her eye begins to be normal as the evening goes on.