help! cat accidentally drank palm oil i used for frying!

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
I was preparing both her food and my food, when she just jumped on the counter and drank a bit of oil i used to fry chicken for me.

It's not hot thankfully and not much i was able to stop her. It's palm oil and i am freaking out if this will poison her.

klunick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
A little bit won't do much I'd think. I believe palm oil acts like a laxative in animals so she might have some soft stools right off the bat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
A little bit won't do much I'd think. I believe palm oil acts like a laxative in animals so she might have some soft stools right off the bat.
I think she gotten 2 or 3 licks out of the pan. Uugh She just got out of diarrhea lol now she's gotta get runny poop again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
Tbh i am worried she would hurt herself or something. My first kitten's death kinda traumatized me and made me paranoid over my kitty's safety :(

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
A little oil won't hurt. A little more oil will act as a laxative. A lot of oil might be harmful. . .but cats are usually smarter than that. So I think she'll be fine if she only got 2 or 3 licks :).