Help! Can fit change this much? Could these cat be the same cat?

keleigh95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve been missing a cat and came across this cat that looks extremely similar with some same markings but.. the fur is a bit different. My cat has been gone for a few months in a different environment and diet so I’m hoping it’s my panda.

Opinions?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, looks like Cat A was mostly white and his back was white. Cat B seems to have a fully black back. So, no, they can't be the same kitty unfortunately :(. While some markings can change, and pointed cats can change quite dramatically, black/white cats don't change like that, at least I've never seen changes like that. They do look very similar though, and may be brothers or cousins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keleigh95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, looks like Cat A was mostly white and his back was white. Cat B seems to have a fully black back. So, no, they can't be the same kitty unfortunately :(. While some markings can change, and pointed cats can change quite dramatically, black/white cats don't change like that, at least I've never seen changes like that. They do look very similar though, and may be brothers or cousins.
I’m trying to get a photo of cats A’s back to get a better look. I was thinking/hoping it may be the angle the cat is laying and Is hiding the black. My cat has the skunk strip which I think won’t change

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
The black spot on the nose of cat A and B is totally different. I hope you find your baby =( I just don't think fur changes that drastically?