HELP! Baby kitten under our house!

madi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

So here's the situation. There were three baby kittens under our house (next to the bathtub!!!). Luckily, two of them were able to get out and the mom took them. The other one is still stuck under!! We can't find him/her, but we can hear it!! It's seriously breaking my heart. How do we get her out?? We left some food to try and lure her but she hasn't gone out. Also, she's just a baby, so I'm pretty sure she can hardly walk. The mom hasn't been back. I guess she's assuming that the baby is dead? Please help!!!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I take it you can't crawl under the house to look for it? Since it's too small to crawl out, without food/milk it won't last long under there. Are you sure Mom hasn't been around looking?

I hope someone comes along to help you out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

madi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, It's way too small. The kitten is all the way in a corner around the bathtub. I stuck my head in but I can only see my side, not hers
The kitten can crawl out, but I think she's only 1 week old. The only thing I can think of is making a trail of tuna. Maybe she'll crawl and follow the food?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might have to call Animal control or the humane society -- or even a company that does animal removal - obviously this is a kitten, but someone with the skills and the tools to free the lil baby. And do it quickly!

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may come to be you'll need a professional to get it out, which would require damage to your house possibly.

If its very young it could die without warmth and milk from mom, I would call a local shelter and ask what to do first, and leave smelly food out and see if you spot the kitten.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure food will help draw the little thing out. I've never had a week old kitten even sniff food of any sort let alone willingly go towards it. Yes, I agree about finding someone to come get the kitten out who knows what they are doing. I wish you a ton of luck getting the baby out of there!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates on the kitten??? Your best bet for her to come to you crawling out on her own is to imitate a mama-kitty's mrreowling. I have used it successfully before.
You can also start calling around to your friends and family to see if they know of a contractor or handyman who would help possibly for free or for low-cost.
Once, some kittens were stuck in the wall of the restaurant's kitchen. The meowing was driving us crazy and the owner said to let them die
Instead, the cooks tore a big hole in the wall during business hours and it so happened that a late table that I took was a crew of finish carpenters on their way home. They repaired the wall for free and we rescued 5 kittens

I am sending prayers and vibes for a successful outcome for your situation!!!

madi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I am happy to say that the kitties fell out of their "home." We've been taking care of them. They are soo beyond cute that I just want to keep all of them!!
I've never had cats/kittens before, so I don't know how to feed them. It turns out that there are four instead of five. The three seem to developing fine, but I don't know what to do with Tubby (name given because they lived under a tub.. haha). He's underdeveloped. Should I buy a cat formula and buy a nipple to feed little Tubby? Here are some pictures to compare the size.

I posted another thread on the nutrition section

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats how my Oreo was when I got her. She was half the size of the other Kittens and they not even know if she would live. She had fcks. I hope he will be ok.

kitten_smitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you still have "tubby"? Is he able to eat the same food as the other cats?

If you don't know try feeding him alone without the competition of the other cats and watching him. If he is unable to eat the same food or enough of it without struggling I would get some kitten formula and either an eye dropper or if you can afford it a kitten bottle. A kitten bottle will be easier if you are not experienced with using an eye dropper. ... I have seen both formula and kitten bottles in some of the larger discount stores like Wal-Mart, the pet stores should also have these items - be sure and get kitten replacement formula and not just regular cows milk like we drink.

If the little one is able to eat the same food as the others try feeding the baby alone without the competition of the other kittens - baby kittens compete for food and the larger/ more aggressive ones will shove the smaller weaker ones out of teh food some times the runts need a bit of human help until they get a little stronger. . . .

Hope this is in time and helps

madi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tubby didn't make it

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godspeed over RB, Tubby - fly into the arms of my dear friend Michelle - she didn't make it either. You can fill the space in her arms so that she won't miss her little girl that she has left behind, here among the living.

I am glad that Tubby knew what it was like to have a name, a home, to be loved - in his short life, at least he got that.
Bless you for trying...my heart cries alongside yours...Susan

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
www.kitten-rescue.com will help guide your way with the kittens. Sounds like Tubby got cold under the tub and without mom to keep him warm, well, there wasn't much you could do about it. Their system starts to shut down slowly and before you can blink they fade.

Please if you see the mom again get her trapped and spayed- the re-release her.

alyssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah Tubby looked like he had some serious genetic issues, his head was normal sized, but his body was dwarfed.

There might be some dwarfism in their genes.

Definitely get them fixed when you can - those cats should never breed.

Great job on getting them and bravo to you for stepping up and taking care of them!

cat_lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Godspeed over RB, Tubby - fly into the arms of my dear friend Michelle - she didn't make it either. You can fill the space in her arms so that she won't miss her little girl that she has left behind, here among the living.

I am glad that Tubby knew what it was like to have a name, a home, to be loved - in his short life, at least he got that.
Bless you for trying...my heart cries alongside yours...Susan
i agree omg i'm sooooooooo sorry but at least he lived!i'm so
you must feel awful.