Help! Absolutely Desperate...

moondio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First off, I must say I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I appologize in advance if it's not.

I am writing today out of pure desperation.

Some of you might have seen my name in the past, as I signed up for this forum a year ago when I got my little guy named Louie. He's a love, and absolute sweetie.. he's also the reason I'm in this situation.

I live in a one bedroom apartment in downtown seattle, which is great for my older kitty, Diamond, but not my little guy. He's going crazy.
He wants to be outside, and desperately needs more attention than I can provide.

Because of my job, I'm only home roughly 10 hours a day, 7-8 of which is purely trying to sleep.

Louie on the other hand has different ideas. He spends most of his day purposely knocking things off of high places, I believe mostly out of entertainment for himself. He's very curious, and needs an outlet.

My older kitty Diamond cannot provide the playful companion he's seeking. And in return, he's so fiesty that he attacks her on a frequant basis trying to start play fights it seems. It's gotten to the point where she will not come when I call to her, or play with any of her old toys because she knows he will push her out of the way, or swat at her.

I am reaching out to see if there is any loving home in which he can go to. My coworkers and friends are not cat friendly people, and so I'm stuck in a very rough place.

I only hope someone out there is kind enough to help me with a suggestion.

And no, I really dont want to resort to a no-kill shelter as all my friends are suggesting.

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moondio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Louie is about 17 months old.
I will bring on a photo later tonight. He's a domestic longhair (from what I can tell) tuxedo. He's extremely adorable.

I will admit (with head buried) that he has had very little vet work.
He was treated for worms & parasites when I first got him. Overall he's in great health. Healthy weight, coat and body.

I carry a lot of guilt over the fact that I have had sp little done for him, but this is the reason I an reaching out. I know there are people out there who could love him just as much as I do, and have the lifestyle he needs.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Louie neutered?

All paws crossed a solution is found for you and Diamond and Louie.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will take him but he has to have his shots before he can come here. Three years ago, I had an outbreak of feline distemper and although the room has been sterilized and scrubbed and everything out of it has been burned or thrown away- I take no chances. That is why it is important for him to have his first shots and then you will need to wait two more days before bringing him here, because that is how long it takes for the vaccinations to take hold.

You are probably four hours away from me- maybe less.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I will take him but he has to have his shots before he can come here. Three years ago, I had an outbreak of feline distemper and although the room has been sterilized and scrubbed and everything out of it has been burned or thrown away- I take no chances. That is why it is important for him to have his first shots and then you will need to wait two more days before bringing him here, because that is how long it takes for the vaccinations to take hold.

You are probably four hours away from me- maybe less.
Hissy, you are AMAZING
Wonderful people like you are the reason I don't give up on mankind altogether

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm hoping this works out folks, but she has informed me that money is pretty tight. She has dumped a lot of money into her other cat and doesn't currently have the funds for shots. I am tapped out having just had 6 kittens neutered and chipped or I would help out.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish this were a few years ago when being able to pay for a couple of vaccination shots wasn't even a second thought, or Louie would already be on his way to you, MA.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I'm hoping this works out folks, but she has informed me that money is pretty tight. She has dumped a lot of money into her other cat and doesn't currently have the funds for shots.
Hissy, how much does she need for the shots?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She needs to answer that. I do my own shots except rabies and will sometimes with the younger kittens take the vaccinations in and let the vet inject them. For my kittens to have their shots it cost me $35.00 for the shots and $20.00 for the visit. I think it just depends on where you live and who your vet is.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Federal Way, Washington sounds like Washington D.C. to me. OP is in Seattle, Washington.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will pay for the shots directly to the vet, just PM me the information, and I send the money to make this happen...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My error. I just Googled the zip code and bingo! yes there actually is a town in the state of Washington named Federal Way!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catapault

My error. I just Googled the zip code and bingo! yes there actually is a town in the state of Washington named Federal Way!
Yep, right at the top it says Vet in Seattle area
I double checked because I thought it was DC too

It might still be a bit far but will give the OP an idea of low cost prices in their area to compare

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I hope OP takes everyone up on their kind offers!
OP hasn't posted since October 19. Seems like she's not as concerned as we are. I wonder if Carolina got a PM from her? I didn't.