Help a man out

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is in heat 8 month half Siamese and half Egyptian Mau, her being in heat is something else. She will spray sometimes multiple times in a hour over and over all day. When I'm not home or cant be around her constantly and sleeping, I keep her in the bathroom were the damage can be cleaned up, let her out and do it all over again. Do to the situation in the world cant spray her this month (got her at 6 month and my brain and heart were not in one accord...brain thought we could beat it) until next month hopefully. I believe there's not much else I can do, I've tried so many things play, extra activities, toys whatever. Even take her for walks and she gets back in the house and just has to turn on the sprinker. Like I said dont think there is anything that can be done until she's spayed. Not the first for me but God help me this time.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I know how rough that can be! So sorry you are dealing within that! In some places you can still get vouchers through rescue organizations for discount spays and have it done at a vet office. Many vets are still functioning but they will pick your kitty up at your car instead of having you come in. A few are just taking emergency cases but I think if you explain, she would be accepted. You may need to call around a bit. Many clinics are still operating as well. Taking her for walks outside right now will just encourage the spraying since she will want to attract any male around. Outside will stimulate her activity. She’ll pick up lots of lovely scents out there.You also risk her breaking away from you. It’s better to keep her a little isolated until she’s spayed. The National Spay Alliance Foundation is a group you can contact for assistance if you need help with the spaying. You can do a google search to locate them. If you need further information or help, let us know. Please post back with an update. Sending you good wishes! Welcome to TCS too! :welcomesign:
I bet she’s gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm getting her spayed next week, spay and neuter clinics are still doing it but not some vets including mine. I take her for walks in the back yard so she can still get exercise I tie the leash to a rope about 10 feet long so she can roam a little and she loves it. The harness she has would be basically impossible for her to get out. I wont let her off she would go over a wall like it wasnt there, the Olympics got nothing on her. She started about friday last week I'm hoping she is done soon her first heat cycle was first of march about, this is her third, the last two were about 5 days or so. Right now she is on the harness and leash in kitchen so between this and the bathroom I think I can make it.

Jcatbird she is absolutely gorgeous my profile pic is her.

Milktea the clinics are my only option right now, dont like it but I think it's best then waiting another month.

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got her spayed this morning I went to a cat only vet, payed little more but felt better about it since she did not go down a conveyor belt. Now to keep her off the stairs as much as possible for a couple days even though they got a mind to do what they want. I cant block off I would need something 7 feet tall, I tried a little but she jumped over so I'll just leave it, I'd rather have her walking up then jumping.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can't you isolate her to a single room? Even a bathroom for a day or two? Just long enough to get the healing process started. If all she is doing is walking up and down steps, she will probably be OK. Just keep an eye on the incision, especially the first couple of days.

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can't you isolate her to a single room? Even a bathroom for a day or two? Just long enough to get the healing process started. If all she is doing is walking up and down steps, she will probably be OK. Just keep an eye on the incision, especially the first couple of days.
Iris Mese Mau is doing fine, I'm not going to confine her to a room or bathroom she wont relax. I have a wool blanket on the floor in the living room made up for her as a bed and she's loving it with a seat cushion off of a old chair she switches back and forth to. The incision is doing fine and she's been eating a little. The first few days is all about peace and calm. She only went up the stairs twice once last night and then again to get in my bed while I was sleeping this morning but that was my wake up call.

Attachments

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, she is doing just fine. In the thread " Where does your cat like to curl up during the day?!". I posted a picture of her about a month give or take after being spayed, laying on top of the couch. Last week she turned 1 yrs old. This cat is all muscle when I pick her up or she jumps on me I feel it. When she runs full speed trying to tackle me as a gazelle, I can imagine it knocking other people and children over. Its not an accurate way of weighing but when I put her on the scale with me I gained an extra 10lbs this month.