Help 68Days and Counting

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Evening everyone,

My baby girl got out shes a indoor cat, this would be her first litter. Trust me she will be spayed after.

she got out between 1st and 2nd March, putting her at 68 days pregnant. There is Still no sign of labour.

She has a nest, shes been in there the last 2nights. Shredding the training pads, but nothing. No signs of labour.

I am worried as im reading that 72days is the longest to wait im just worried.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to be patient. Everything sounds normal and she should have them soon! Waiting feels endless the last few days! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, i hope so.

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have any idea about time, as from your experience the longest pregnancy without an internal issue. ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not really because most cats do not go beyond 72 days. She’ll have them!

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you know anyways, to encourage labour? Ive tried encouraging her to play and run around. Which she does then gets tired and gives up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nothing you can do. Just let her be. Nature will take its course soon. Patience! :)

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update - Day 70 of pregnancy. Still no active labour. Called the vets this morning, they said unless shes started active labour and struggling theres no need to be concerned as shes acting normal eating and drinking.

so does this mean, that literally i just wait. How long is to long, and to start to actually be concerned?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’ve said the same several times as the vet, just wait. As long as there is no distress or labor, you wait. She will not go like this forever.

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
S
Can you feel kittens moving in her, is she producing milk?
Glands deffo have got bigger, no milk yet. Her stomach is hard, it looks as tho is dropped from yesterday.

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do hope you are seeing or feelings kittens moving. If not please call the vet. If kittens pass away in utero when they are fully developed that can lead to infection and death for the mother. If she starts to bleed significantly and is not in active labor with full contractions, that would also be a warning sign.

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do hope you are seeing or feelings kittens moving. If not please call the vet. If kittens pass away in utero when they are fully developed that can lead to infection and death for the mother. If she starts to bleed significantly and is not in active labor with full contractions, that would also be a warning sign.
I Believe ive felt them yes, id hope they are ok. As she has been getting bigger. Would they grow if they passed. Will be on the blower tomorrow to the vets.

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

so after making the vets give her a scan, shes 8 weeks. Which honestly is baffling to me, as i do not recall her being outside then. But hey!.

so shes good, her bellys quite big. Where I originally figured she was having a singleton or twins. Im now convinced 3-5 at least.

Shes good and healthy, my only concern is she was like retching, gagging. Im sure its due to a hairball, as shes shedding like crazy. Combing her daily. Gave her some Extra Virgin olive oil in her food and combed into her coat to aid any hair caught and building inside. Shes ok now.

We’ll definitely keep you guys updated. :)

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update - sorry been very busy. She was not the date predicted. She was taken to the vets, who confirmed she should be due this/next week.

one issue ive noticed, I previously mentioned the retching and gagging. Its been happening, today for example it happend 3 times. Im concerned it could be asthma or a deeper issue, hopefully not hurting the kitten when she goes into the coughing/retching. Im going to take her to the vets on monday, but its quite concerning. Any advice?.