Hello!

xx_Jenn_xx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I'm a new member and I joined because I have a curious question hoping other cat experts can help me with!
I haven't been a cat mom in over 17 years and recently May 2022 I was given a free cat. I was told by vets she's about 2-3 years old, and the person who gave her to me informed me that she came from a breeding home and is a purebred ragamuffin. months after getting her she seemed different and i found out she was pregnant. After a lengthy process and many vet bills the kittens and her are well!

However, I am doubting based on readings and photos that i really own purebred ragamuffins. I came here to see if i can find some information and help on whether or not they are pure!

Here they are at birth (July 6th 2022) She had 2 girls born naturally and male born c-secction:
292662907_1067478804200845_7686045420241635131_n.jpeg

Recent Photos:
Momma Lucy (she's a bit of a chunky monkey)
343406470_934417907746185_4086553908089931247_n.jpeg

First Born : Oreo Female
343873459_211610094953243_814622805687388034_n.jpeg

2nd Born: Purrl (Female)
343731856_1175915139738286_5397570564824616318_n.jpeg

3rd Born : Obi-Wan Catnobi (on the left) Male:
340646457_891128835312545_4647854434398334982_n.jpeg

Thank you so much for any help/advice!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
cute-cats-fence-saying-hello-illustration_77984-488.jpg
Jenn, Lucy, Oreo, Piurri and Obi-Wan Catnobi and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
83b628873c7a2419b34230feadd8daf9.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely kitties you've got here! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of them and we have a special thread here just for them in Bi-color kitties only! and many fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:.
Congrats on being a new cat mom, and an unexpected new cat grand mom! :petcat:

Mama and kittens are adorable. :catlove::redheartpump:
Are you going to keep all the kittens, or look for homes for them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xx_Jenn_xx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:.
Congrats on being a new cat mom, and an unexpected new cat grand mom! :petcat:

Mama and kittens are adorable. :catlove::redheartpump:
Are you going to keep all the kittens, or look for homes for them?
Keeping the my brother took the boy. All of them have been spayed/neutered. I wasn't going to mess with that road lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xx_Jenn_xx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wonderful. Those kitties are so lucky they have you as their human. :redheartpump:
I told my family (since i watched them being born) and literally was there since day 1 that if we end up naming them we are keeping them. Of course i had planned to keep the first born no matter what. So I named her Oreo...but then my father named Purrl and my brother wanted the boy though we thought he wouldn't make it after 11 hours of not coming we finally rushed her to have a c-section and didn't think he was going to survive and now he's this giant massive kitty not even a year old lol. So my brother named him and kept him. They each have their own personalities.

Lucy loves you loves to be pet but don't pick her up and if she wants attention you better give it. Oreo follows me like a dog. it's adorable. yet despite me handling them since birth and giving them attention and making sure they were good and watching them grow up Purrl is very scared and skittish of everyone. so i don't understand her at all. yet when she wants attention she lets out little meows and will kind of approach you.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love that they all have their own unique purr-sonalities.

My Ruby is a love bug, but hates being picked up or restrained in any way.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful fur family. They truly are lovely cats, no matter what their breed is! The thing with Ragamuffins, as opposed to Ragdolls, is that they can be any color and coat pattern. Ragdolls must be pointed cats. That said, with a few exceptions (Munchkin, Scottish Fold, American Curl, and a handful of others), in the absence of pedigree papers, it takes a real expert to tell the breed of a cat. It can't be done just by looking, but requires a detailed knowledge of breed standards, and actually handling the cat to check skull shape, and other minute details. There are DNA tests available, but not all of them are reliable...the Vet School at UCDavis is one of the best, and pioneered DNA testing in cats. My suggestion is, since you have NO plans to breed, and have taken the responsible steps to prevent unplanned breeding, just sit back and enjoy those beautiful babies!