Hello!

Tracyrdz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am new here. Just wanted to share my story. I have an elderly cat (almost 15 years old) and she is my baby, definitely a big lover and cant imagine my life without her. Back in spring my mom had a cat show up outside. They did not want an inside cat but started taking care of her outside. they went to get her fixed so she wouldn't have any more cats. When she was taken to get fixed, she was already pregnant and thus begins the story of 4 feral kittens, 3 of whom I now own. The rescue that helped get the momma cat fixed (after she had her 4 babies) told me that if I could socialize them, then they will pick them up and give them good homes. I wanted to keep one of them so I said sure. Shortly after I fell in love. They were all beautiful and sweet, well, it took a little time to get them comfortable with me but they got there. I got so attached to them. I loved on them daily and fed them and gave them lots of toys to play with. I knew which one i wanted to keep a little calico female that would go up to anyone with delight. As the weeks and months went on I was able to find a good home for the other female, a tortie. I hated to see her go, really hated it. Ive learned through these past few months that fosters have a huge heart and must go through this every time. I don't think I could do it. I cried! Not bawling uncontrollable crying but I cried. It was then that I decided I will keep 2 of them. There was a little orange and while male with little lynx tip ears that would follow me around and just lay at my feet wherever I went. I feel in love some more. The other orange and white male of the 4 was the most skiddish of the bunch and he was also the biggest. I loved on him as much as he would allow and when it came time to give him to the rescue to find a home, I just couldn't. I now have 1 old lady and 3 little kitties gracing me with their sleepy little bodies snuggled up with me at night along with their naughty antics and getting into EVERYTHING. I wouldn't change a thing. Life is better with fur babies!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello and welcome to the site, glad you have joined us. What a lovely story, thank you for sharing it with us. Don't forget to post photos of all your kitties when you can and in the meantime enjoy looking around and joining in.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
I see you posted a pic of the kittens in the photo forum, but feel free to post some here, as well. And also of your senior girl, as well. :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tracyrdz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my little old lady, Mia. She doesn't quite like the little kitties much but if I were her age, I don't know if I'd like 3 little energetic fur balls running around me either. I have tried introducing them the way they say, slowly, but it doesn't matter, the old lady is NOT interested. I make time to hold and love them all. The Himalayan was Misty, she crossed the rainbow bridge in 2018. Miss her so much. The one picture is of Mia, the old lady, when she was a kitten. They were both rescues.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-041434.jpg
Tracyrdz and kitties, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
8800be739c60373dd272ab23a7e3c37a.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely kitties you've got here! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! What a beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing. Make sure Mia has plenty of interaction with the kittens while they are young, babies are MUCH more acceptable to older cats, they are hardwired to not really hurt kittens. She may slap them, hiss at them and run (make sure she has a high place to get to, even on a table), or even pin them to the ground if they won't listen, all that is perfectly normal. Females are the manners teachers, the limit setters. She is the queen of her household and the kittens will learn their place. I look forward to reading about your adventures!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am late, but still I want to say WELCOME!
We are glad you're here!