Hello,

VaderMonkey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, My Names Jay. I have 2 beautiful feline girls named Mittens & Arla.

Mittens was originally my daughters cat and used to live with her and my ex partner, until they took on another cat. That cat kind of forced Mittens out of the home and she started sleeping in the shed. Myself & my current partner fellt that this was unfair and welcomed Mittens into our home.

Mittens is a strange little cat, in which she's more like a baby rather than a cat. By this I mean she has 4 legs and hates using them, she'd rather be a furry limb attached to you for cuddles all day long. This behaviour (from what I remember and understand) has been nurtured into her by my daughter, as all she used to do was carry her everywhere and I mean litrally everywhere. Mittens is such a lovely natured individual and from what I understand of cat behaviour doesn't "Cat" as she should, but I suppose that's not entirely a bad thing nor her fault. She's a soul mate for my partner and is always around to comfort her. My Partner suffers from Multiple Enodcrine Neoplasia (1), and has had a tough time with her health, Mittens is always around to comfort her when she has a bad day.

Now then ....... Arla. She's a recent addition to the household. She used to belong to a neighbour, however their household was ... lets say manic!!. A house full of noisey boisterous kids as well as mother, whom we'd always heard shouting for some reason or another.

We originally didn't know who she belonged to as she just appeared on our doorstep. When we found out who her original owner was, we infromed them about where she was. Arla used to hide on our doorstep or under our cars on our drive, we later realised that she was refusing to go back into her original owners home and was petrified of the children that lived there. We discovered her sleeping on our doorstep, and discovered that she hadn't been eating at home, but would only eat on our doorstep. This continued for several months however as the days got colder, we discovered one cold morning Arla curled up trying to sleep in the minimal patch of sun outside on our drive. As a result we invited her in and she's not wanted to leave since, let alone got back outside. We spoke to her original owner and discussed the situation, and to be frank her original owner didn't seen too bothered about us taking Arla in. Arla is a lovely social young cat, she's very playful and is such a gentle soul. She did eat alot when she moved in, but that is starting to calm down abit. Her toileting skills are yet to be desired as she goes in her litter box, but doesn't realise that her bottom isn't quite in and proceeds to do her business oblivious that things haven't quite gone to plan. From what we understand Arla is a Ragamuffin breed of cat, so as a ball of fur and she probably doesn't realise that there is more to her than what she understands.

We do have a house rabbit called Jenson (as in Jenson Bunny - Named after racing driver Jenson Button), but that I beleive is for another forum.

I've joined this forum to learn and hopefully understand my Furbles (as recently there are a few behavioural things that I've become aware about). But also as cats are a law to themselves at the best of times, Im needing that extra advice and guidence.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
9221ab70ef24aec94064cac998245088.gif
Jay, Mittens and Aria, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
27fcc15df3fba68a2a4b868777fc711c.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking both Mittens and Aria in and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home and a self sanctuary to live out their lives :clapcat:
They are lovely :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, Mittens and Arla. What lovely cats you have, each beautiful in her own way! I'm so looking forward to getting to know them, and you, as you begin posting in the forums. Thank you for rescuing both of these precious girls! Frankly, if I had lived in your neighbors' house, I'd have been sleeping under your car at night, too!

Try posting about Arla's box issues in the Behavior forum. I'll bet you get some good advice, and some tricks to try!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hithere: Welcome to TCS! On behalf of everyone, we're so glad you've decided to join!
Mittens and Aria are beautiful kitties! Thank you so much for taking them in. :purr:
If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask them!
Please post more pictures if possible, we'd love to see more of your beautiful kitties! :camera: