Hello!

Jkat.z

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm fairly new to the site.

I'm delighted to introduce the new kitten we are getting in 2 weeks' time. We have decided to call her Roxie. She is still with her mum at present.

Despite being an experienced cat owner (I got my 5 year old cat Maisy as a kitten), it all feels new to me so it is great to read your helpful advice.

Assuming all goes well and we pick her up (I'm trying to stay level headed as we previously picked out a puppy and he sadly passed away before we picked him up), I have the task of introducing Roxie slowly to our cat Maisy and small dog Hanna. I've bought feliway diffusers and spray and read up about the slow introduction process. Kitten will have access to my bedroom and ensuite bathroom only in those first days. Maisy owns the spare guest room and my son will stay with her to keep her feeling loved!

I'm slowly getting all my kitten care essentials..she is one spoilt kitten. But I'm not sure about cat litter. I used standard cat litter for Maisy years ago but we had tracking and smells! I have decided to go with tigerino fun Crystal's litter as it was recommended for kittens. Hope that is a good choice. I'm a bit nervous as kitten is 6 weeks old and hasn't been introduced to a litter tray..although I suggested it.

I need to go read up on feeding ie how many times a day. I'm excited but feeling like I need to read more!

I've booked the kitten in to get checked and vaccinated the day after we pick her up. Fingers crossed she has no fleas and is healthy.

Off to do more reading!!!

Attachments

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
She is so cute!
With kittens that are so young we slowly introduce them to wet food,(she probably is already introduced) but when they get used to it I feed them at least 3 times a day....Not necessarily a whole packet of food, but half at a time - eg half in the morning, half at lunch, half in the afternoon, half in the evening.
But it really depends on the kitten so maybe this might not work for you. 🙂

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1aa391fd4b868542794541c3d29c75c6.jpg
Jkat.z and Roxie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
cat-and-welcome-sign-wall-decor.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Is that Roxie in the photo? She's lovely! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Glad you joined the site to let us know about your new kitten, Roxie. She looks absolutely adorable. :lovecat4: I'm sure you can hardly wait to bring her home in two weeks. Rest assured you will feel confident with all the information and resources that are available on the site. Once she joins your family we will expect lots of pics. :camera:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH dear. I'm entirely kittensmitten again...and Roxie is a little TORTIE, so I'm doubly lost! Anyway, welcome to you, Roxie, Maisie, and even Hannah!

Personally, I'm all for feeding kittens under 12 weeks old 4 small meals a day, gradually reducing down to two when they're around the 1-year mark. Bear in mind that kittens are NOT fully adult until almost 2 years old!