Hello

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I joined The Cat Site back in April, and I've been reading lots of posts and creating ones of my own since. I don't know why I didn't post here earlier!
I have two cats; Chloe (5 years) and Shar [male] (about 2.5 months).

Chloe:
FullSizeRender 2.jpg IMG_2181.PNG

Shar:
IMG_3583.JPG IMG_3459.JPG

:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there, GeoDjay! I've seen you around the forums before, so now I'll say "hello again"! :wave3:

Your cats are so lovely! :hearthrob:

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! <3

I groom my precious babies every day, more than once a day. I just love the grooming sessions, but I doubt they love them the way I do! :p

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey and welcome fellow persian kitty Butler :blush:
I have questions!! Haha. How did the girl take to the introduction of the kitten? I have a female persian as well and really do want to add another cat next year when I move. Anxious about it already! :confused2:

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey and welcome fellow persian kitty Butler :blush:
I have questions!! Haha. How did the girl take to the introduction of the kitten? I have a female persian as well and really do want to add another cat next year when I move. Anxious about it already! :confused2:
At first, she hated him and I couldn't trust leaving them together without my supervision: Hissing at him and attacking but nothing serious. She didn't let him near her, and all he wanted was play with her! Few days after that situation, she would just ignore his presence and hiss only if he approaches. A couple of weeks after the introduction, she's starting to accept him. Yesterday she licked him, and today they were playfully chasing each other. She still doesn't like him that much, but at least she doesn't hate him. I also can keep them together in one room without worrying she would give him a hard time. Still wishing for the day when they will cuddle and sleep together.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At first, she hated him and I couldn't trust leaving them together without my supervision: Hissing at him and attacking but nothing serious. She didn't let him near her, and all he wanted was play with her! Few days after that situation, she would just ignore his presence and hiss only if he approaches. A couple of weeks after the introduction, she's starting to accept him. Yesterday she licked him, and today they were playfully chasing each other. She still doesn't like him that much, but at least she doesn't hate him. I also can keep them together in one room without worrying she would give him a hard time. Still wishing for the day when they will cuddle and sleep together.
Hahaha, my gosh! Feisty persian girls huh. :blush: Well he's still very young right, it sounds like she will come around! My girl is younger than yours, she's two now, so I hope she'll be a bit easier about accepting a little brother - but we will see! I'd love to know how they're doing a few months from now, so if you remember this post in a few months feel free to leave an update!

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: Chloe now tolerates Shar and sometimes plays with him, but she avoids him and shows him that he should stay away from her most of the time. It seems like they will never be friends; they will never cuddle or sleep next to one another.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
They may never be friends. We introduced an older cat to our three younger ones. It took forever. Now she gets along with them, but I don't think she'll ever snuggle with any of them, either. As long as they're not fighting, I'm good with it. :agree:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't see this thread when your initially started it back in August, so a belated welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere:
Chloe and Shar are both beautiful. :catlove:

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you!:biggrin: