Hello TCS

Chronicler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I joined this site a few weeks ago while overwhelmed with foster kittens, and I'm loving this community. I don't use social media, so when I needed help more specific than just articles and videos I can find online, this place was perfect

My cat Ferrix is 15 and I've had him most of my life. I live on my own and work from home, so his companionship has been essential for my mental health over the pandemic in recent years, but he's been at my side for many of the major milestones in my life well before that. My high school and undergrad graduations, my masters degree, some really rough mental health years. He's calm and gentle, loves all people and is just super chill with all situations.

My vet clinic knows him well over the years, from CKD and hyperthyroidism to a surgery for a torn ear that got infected, and they all love him for how easy he is to handle no matter the circumstances. Ferrix has treated me with nothing short of complete trust for everything from scary vet trips, daily medications, to the cone of shame after surgery, to moving houses. He's truly my best companion in the whole world

When I started fostering for the local shelter, he welcomed every foster cat with welcome paws, and if any of them didn't appreciate him being around he would leave them a calm, respectful distance.

He's a perfect gentleman and a happy lap cat, despite his resting grumpy face

Attached is a picture of him from a good 5 months ago, his health took a steep decline recently, so I'll stick with just old pictures. Cancer caught up to him unfortunately. I've opted to not pursue any treatments, as they're all too high stress with very small chances of doing any good at his stage. He's still a happy cat these days, with a good appetite and constantly begging for treats. I'm determined to make the most of the time we have left. It's been really hard but I know I'm not alone in this struggle

Bonus pics of the kittens I'm currently fostering

Attachments

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome!!! Ferrix is so handsome! (I think I have his twin, black cats rule ;) )! And the kittens are absolutely precious. Have you found homes for them all? I'm sorry about his health problems. I and many others are dealing with cancer in their pets here so you're absolutely not alone in all of that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chronicler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Black cats are definitely the best! I still remember as a kid, my dad was scared of black cats but then Ferrix completely changed his attitude heh

The kittens are from my local shelter, so once they're spayed and have all their vaccines and a vet's seal of approval they'll be up on the shelter's site! I'm sure with how cute they are, they'll find homes in no time. I'm tempted to foster fail one of them too 😆

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: I don't do social media either, so TCS is perfect for me too.

So sorry your Ferrix is having health problems. 🤗 He sounds like a very special cat. :bigeyes::redheartpump:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
ddfdf3aea4505a09a8773682249eaa7f.jpg
Chronicler and Ferrix, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Ferrix is lovely! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: So sorry that Ferrix is going through some health issues and we hope he's coping well.

Do post photos of Ferrix for us to see and we have a special thread here just for him in black-cats-only.268663 and also many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what you kitty is up to.
Lovely fosters you have here.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Ferrix! :hellosmiley: I hope you find some answers for his health problems, and sorry to hear he is suffering.