Hello spring...err Summer

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today, on the last day of "winter" NE Ohio was at an all time high.  On my way home I hit a range of temps from 77 to 82.  I just hope we don't have some sort of bad freeze during the rest of March or April. 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We barely had much of a winter here at all, NOT that I'm complaining! This past week has been more like May weather rather than March. I don't think we've ever run the aircon this early. However, one of the old farmers came into DH's work today to get his tractor serviced and they were talking about the weather. The farmer said "yeah, it nice now but be prepared for a blizzard around the end of April". Honestly, this year, nothing the weather does would surprise me. I think winter is still lurking around to bite us in the butt when we least expect it.

blueorchid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We barely had a winter where I live in GA. This last week and half has been in the 80s during the day. We even went to the pool yesterday. This last year has been the warmest I have experienced while living here. We moved from NJ to GA about 11 years ago. My family is from Costa Rica so we really can't beat that kind of weather :lol3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Summer here, too.....I love it! Our temps last week and this week are in the lower 70s. We have daffodils bursting open and the forsythia is just beautiful this year. Our trees are leafing out. And the lawn weeds are growing like.....weeds.
  It's beautiful around here. Our local weatherweenies are calling for a cold front to come in this weekend; we'll go down to around 60 degrees or so.

Rick is in Oregon this week and he was complaining last night about the weather there. They went into Washington, but a lot of the roads going up toward Mt. St Helens and Mt Rainier are still closed, due to the snow.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here on Eastern Long Island, yesterday was 78, today will be about the same. I'm so happy and I have terrible spring fever! Love it! 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Autumn over here.  I love our cooler months in Queensland... best time of the year. 

hobo08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It has been crazy beautiful here the past two weeks. Highs in the upper 70's. Very strange weather for us. I hope it does not get cole again, but DB said it will.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been an amazing winter this year, and now we've leaped into Summer! :woo: Crazy nice weather here. I've got Spring fever too, and actually started to panic about not having started seeds yet. Last year I started too early so I deliberately made myself wait until March this year, and now it feels I've missed out. :lol3: The cats are going bananas and just want to be outside all day enjoying the lovely sunshine. Wonderful! Of course, you know in the back of your mind that it's not going to last, but it's hard to believe we could still get snow.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ME too, I just weeded out my garden Saturday & feel like I should have planted already. I will hopefully be able to get to it in the next week or two.  It's been a mild winter here in NC as well. Worried about bad storms this summer though because of that. "Pray'n for mild, to no hurricanes!"
It has been an amazing winter this year, and now we've leaped into Summer!
Crazy nice weather here. I've got Spring fever too, and actually started to panic about not having started seeds yet. Last year I started too early so I deliberately made myself wait until March this year, and now it feels I've missed out.
The cats are going bananas and just want to be outside all day enjoying the lovely sunshine. Wonderful! Of course, you know in the back of your mind that it's not going to last, but it's hard to believe we could still get snow.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been loving this weather!  It's great to take my 2 year old outside to burn some energy!  Now if only DH and my Dad would get the swingset put up for her! 
  It's been especially great because we are doing pictures on the beach in a few weeks and it's been just warm enough for me to roll my pants up for some color on my legs out back!  I don't need much; I just dont want to reflect light better than the sand and water....
  Its mostly been in the low 70s.

I really want to weed my garden out too.  Just not sure how much I can do with my big ol belly....  But it's not getting any smaller!

Last edited:

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The weather in NC is sooo nice right now but I can't enjoy it! There is pollen EVERYWHERE and I'm super allergic to it. When it rains, it forms massive pollen rivers and then dries up and the whole ground is yellow.

Here's a picture I took on campus today: