Hello! Our Introductions

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! I wanted to introduce my Garrison as I call them because they are all named after Angels or figures similar to Angels.

So first off we have Gabriel. He's an orange rescue kitty we got on Hallowee in 2010. He was said to be about 11 weeks old per the vet. He's now a 9 year old chonky boy who's definitely a cranky old man cat by nature haha. He loves to play with lazer pointers and loves catnip mice and freeze dried minnows
dec12 (3).jpg

Ok! Next we have Balthazar he's a TICA registered brown spotted Bengal. He was born June 2nd, 2011. He's a big boy at 19 lbs but loves soft blankets and making muffins and taking showers with mom. He goes wild with catnip and rolls around in it licking the floor and just being a nutter. He was chosen last of his litter because he wasn't show quality and no one wanted him but I think I got the best cat because he's such a big teddy bear of a boy. He loves laps and snuggles and doesn't mind when the kids dress him up and carry him around lol
dec10 (12).jpg

Then we have Valkyrie. She's a rehabbed TNR feral. She's got an ear tipped ear. We got her from a fostering situation on November 26, 2014 a month after my Maine Coon Darcy died. She's a sweet ball of fluff. She's afraid of a lot of things and sudden movements but loves curling up and snuggling on laps. If you stop petting her before she's ready? She'll reach out and pat at your arm to get your attention. She's a good nap companion and is laying with me right now. She was born in 2013 and is about 6 years old. She has fluffy toes and short little legs and is just a little snuggle bug. She also snores and it's the funniest thing ever.
nov24 (9).jpg

Next we have Azrael! He's a TICA registered Highlander. He has curled ears, straight feet, and a naturally short tail (he's just got a nubbin) He was born 3/9/2018 and he's nuts. Everyone talks about Bengals being high spirited cats. I've had two Bengals and they've had nothing on this little guy. He's hilarious but crazy. He loves hoarding and hiding jingle balls and bringing them out at 3 am on your hardwood floor. He loves freeze dried minnows and eating cats treats. He also will try to eat ANY human food left near him. His coloring is called 'fawn marbled mink tabby' and his eyes are bizarre. Sometimes they look green sometimes blue and it's dependent on the lighting. He too loves the bathtub and loves water.
dec5 (8).jpg

Lastly we have Lilah she too is a TICA registered Highlander but not show quality as she has straight ears (all her siblings had curled ears) a long tail and is polydactyl. Lilah is the strangest cat I have ever owned. And I've owned a lot of breeds and different cats and she's the best and weirdest. We call her a dragon cat. Lilah steals stuff and hoards it in little nests around the house. She takes socks, knickers, stuffed animals, anything she can carry in her mouth? She'll take it and hide it. I couldn't find my violin shoulder rest for 3 months. It was in one of Lilah's hidey holes. She has a little stuffed mouse that she mauls but we can't get rid of it because it's her 'baby'. She loves water, and walking across the keyboard, and yarn. She was born 7/25/2018. We got her right around Halloween last year. she's our second halloween kitty, our first black cat, and our first Polydactyl cat. And she's hilarious but weird haha. Like Balthazar no one wanted her but I sure did and I'm so glad to have her as the baby of our bunch.
nov5 (14).jpg

And that's all our bunch :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
AngelicGarrison, Gabriel, Balthazar, Valkyrie, Azrael and Lilah, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3653.GIF

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What a lovely bunch of furballs you have here! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

WestCoastKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
👋 Hello! Welcome!
Your kids are wonderful and I love the sweet muffin Valkyrie! I had a feral rescue tortoise shell named Peaches who took about 12 years to come out of her shell...when she decided to love you up it was wonderfu!

My current boys, Blackie, Earl and Rux are all rescues - Blackie will also tap your arm or shoulder for more pets...he was so scared when first rescued and is the biggest lap cat now, too!

so happy to meet you all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
👋 Hello! Welcome!
Your kids are wonderful and I love the sweet muffin Valkyrie! I had a feral rescue tortoise shell named Peaches who took about 12 years to come out of her shell...when she decided to love you up it was wonderfu!

My current boys, Blackie, Earl and Rux are all rescues - Blackie will also tap your arm or shoulder for more pets...he was so scared when first rescued and is the biggest lap cat now, too!

so happy to meet you all!
Awwww Peaches sounds like a sweet baby.

Your boys sound amazing! I love when kitties tap at you for love. Lilah? She will do this thing where she'll walk around the bed and hold one of her paws in the air and make sky muffins for attention haha

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and the Garrison! What a beautiful bunch of cats, and I loved your description of their personalities! I wonder how common it is to have that many water-loving cats in one family? I've only had one, and I can tell you that nothing compared to trying to soak in a hot tub with 14 pounds of wet tomcat on your chest!

1576626587087.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and the Garrison! What a beautiful bunch of cats, and I loved your description of their personalities! I wonder how common it is to have that many water-loving cats in one family? I've only had one, and I can tell you that nothing compared to trying to soak in a hot tub with 14 pounds of wet tomcat on your chest!

View attachment 312947
Well Highlander's like Bengals are a breed that love water. But even then I suspect my Bengal boy is who helped them come by that love. While my other two are stand off? When we brought the kittens home? Balthazar decided they were his babies. He'll lay with them and lick them and snuggle them and play with them in the tub. So I'm not sure how much of it is their genetics and their crazy brother who has helped foster the water love haha

LOL at the wet tomcat on your chest! I have human children too and sometimes I have to rescue them from cats trying to bathe with them

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
:wave2: Hi there. Welcome to TCS family, a bunch of cat - crazy loving humans.

Adorable felines you got there! :loveeyes: