Hello My Friends

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Like golondrina golondrina , I'm late to the thread, but did want to welcome you and cute little Ginger. I also lost a wonderful cat, Gwen, late last year with whom I'd shared many happy years. I was lucky enough to find Juniper (the cat in my avatar) relatively soon after, and it's been wonderful to have her as part of the family. Although I miss my Gwen every day, Juniper adds joy to the household on a daily basis, which is so helpful and healing. I hope your new kitty does the same for you.

Juniper's original name (chosen by the shelter) was Violet, which didn't seem well-suited to her personality. We agonized over her name for a week before choosing Juniper. Maybe once you get her home and get to know her better, the right name will be obvious.

We considered Hazel, which might fit your little one's coloring...she looks like she has a bit of tan in her fur.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thank you once again for the kind words and memories of your dear departed Kitties. We all love our kitties, and it's a real bummer when we lose one of them. Ginger is still with her foster family. I hope to bring her home this week. I'll keep you informed.
Jack

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
I finally have little Ginger here at home. At first she was a bit shy, hiding behind the magazine stand. Slowly she came out to do a bit of exploring. A couple toys were given to her and before you know it she was zooming around like a crazy cat. Then I gave her a little beany baby leopard. This was one of Chessies favorite toys when she was small. She was wrasselling around on the floor with it and trying to disembowel it with her back feet. Too much fun! Now she is worn out and curled up next to me in my comfy chair. What a fine little kitty!:) The light was not very good tonight and I couldn't get a good photo, but there is always tomorrow.
Love and happiness to all of you and your kitties.
Jack

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wonderful.:hearthrob: Hope you and Ginger had a good night. :catlove:
Looking forward to pictures. :camera:

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to you and Ginger! So glad you two are off to a good start on your life together.

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Well it's happened, little Ginger has taken over! She stampedes around, meowing and playing with her toys. Until she's pooped out and then crashes either in my lap or on one of her beds. This morning she was a bundle of energy, tearing around and then stopping to have a bit to eat, and then tearing around some more. If I only had some of her energy. Here are a couple snappies of her. She really meows a lot, I don't know why. Perhaps it's just the joy of life as she seems really happy:hyper:.
Have a great day.
Jack
I said, MEOW!.jpg
ZZZZZ.jpg

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thank you Betsygee, I agree with you, but then I am biased. They say cats are very independent, and this little kitty is no exception. Ginger has a very luxurious cat bed with a cushion and padded sides. This cat bed is in the window and gets the morning sun. She was shown this bed, but being an independent little kitty she prefers this spot in the book case about two feet away. "You can't tell me where to hang out!" There are secluded hidey spots and perches in several windows throughout the house. It will be interesting to see which of these she chooses. Life is good!
Now a question. I would like to present more photos of "The adventures of Ginger", but am not sure where they should be posted, as we are not really the new cats on the block anymore. Suggestions?
Love and happiness to your kitties and you.
Ginger and Jack

My New Spot
My New Spot.jpg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope you continue to post photos of Ginger & her growth here, but if not, I'm sure a moderator will let you know where else to post.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is adorable! Someone else referred to her as a little spitfire and I agree. This cute little one will keep you on your toes!:redheartpump::D:redheartpump:
If you would like to start a new thread in the "Fur Pictures and Video" forum you can chronicle her growing up. We all would LOVE that. You could title it My Adventures with Ginger or something.
So happy for you both!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Jack B, I am happy that Ginger is already home with you. She looks adorable. I can see that you have your hands full with her. I have myself adopted a new kitten about 7 weeks ago and although she is about 4 years old she can be quite mischievous but she has brought back to my home a much needed warmth and joy after the loss of my 16 years old beloved Cucumella last november.

I started a new thread with her name, which is Sombra by the way, under the "Fur Pictures and Videos Only" forum and you could do the same as suggested also by Weebeasties. I very much look forward to your posts and photos sharing with us Ginger' s development over the time.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I started a new thread with her name, which is Sombra by the way, under the "Fur Pictures and Videos Only" forum and you could do the same as suggested also by Weebeasties. I very much look forward to your posts and photos sharing with us Ginger' s development over the time.
:yeah:

Yes, please feel free to start a thread in the Fur Pictures and Videos Only forum!

You can also create an album of photos in the Gallery section. Here are the instructions to do that.

We look forward to seeing more pictures of Ginger as she grows. :clap:

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but I'm happy to report that little Ginger is doing great and has pretty much taken over the house. She is a real joy. Although she was a bit sketchy concerning the cat box for a while, pooping under my bed in the middle of the night :devilish:, this has been remedied by the use of multiple cat boxes in the house. She zooms into the bedroom at bedtime when I say "time for bed" and sleeps under my chin most of the night. Other kittens in my past seemed to think that sleepy time was playtime but not little Ginger. What a fine kitty! In the morning she is an absolute bundle of energy tearing around doing the Skitterkitty, ( I just love that term and describes it perfectly ). She will run by my comfy chair and give my toes a swat and a little nibble. She loves to play with my hands and is very gentle, never using her claws or biting hard. She eats like a pig until her little tummy bulges, and loves canned food. When asked "are you hungry", or "do you want something good?" she scampers around getting underfoot meowing. Too much fun! She only gets high quality food made in the USA, none of that Chinese poison. So here are a few photos. Skitterkitty and then worn out snoozing. I just love my little kitty.:hyper:
Jack
Skitter Kitty.jpg
Skitter Kitty 2.jpg

Attachments

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
What a lovely update! I'm so pleased for you, and a bit jealous. Luciano only sleeps near my legs.