Hello My Friends

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Well I went and visited Ginger tonight. She is something else, tearing around and being ferocious. At lest she thinks she is ferocious. A bit of a challenge to get a good photo of. Her eye infection is cleared up but the people looking after her are continuing with the treatment foe a few more days. I took a tee shirt that I slept in last night and put it in her enclosure. I also took her a little mouse that Chessie used to play with. I am obviously biased, but I think little Ginger would bend the needle on the Cute O' Meter. The name Ginger is starting to feel comfortable too. Now I just can't wait to bring the little Knothead home.
Love and happiness to you all and your kitties too.
Jack
View attachment 234344View attachment 234345
:wave3::hithere::crackup::wavey::lovecat::dancingblackcat::hearthrob::redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
My name is Jack and I recently lost my little darling Chessie. Chessie was seventeen years old. When I got her she was a tiny tabby orphan. She was so tiny. Her eyes were still blue and I had to bottle feed her for a couple weeks. She was truly exceptional ( I am obviously biased). If you asked her to sit she would. If you said "be ferocious" she would sit up on her hind legs. If you said "put er' there" she would shake. If we were out in the garden or yard and said "time to go in", she would mosey into the house. Ive had many cats over the years but Chessie was the only one who would do this. Chessie got very ill and it turned out to be renal failure. A nightly pill and special food helped her to hang on for a couple years but renal failure finally caught up with her. I still miss her terribly. We are so blessed to have these little angels in our lives. They bring us so much love and happiness. The local cat rescue lady ( a real sweetheart) is helping me to find a new little friend. But there will always be an empty spot in my heart for my little Chessie.
Jack

View attachment 233527
:alright::grouphug::hearthrob::rbheart::angel::rbheart::redheartpump::hugs::hearthrob::grouphug2:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Here is a snappy of my new little friend. I think she is a real cutie. She was given the name Ginger by the cat rescue people. I may or may not keep that name. To me, that name should be for an orange cat, but we will have to see what fits. As she is not old enough yet she won't be coming home for a couple weeks. How she came to me is an interesting story. Someone at the dump heard meowing and found a box with some very tiny kittens, estimated to be two weeks old. Unfortunately the box had been run over by a buldozer and three of the five kittens were deceased. The kind soul took the surviving kitties to the rescue folks. There they had a momma cat who's kittens had just been weaned. The momma cat lovingly adopted them and Ginger and her brother survived. Here is a story of cruelness and kindness. Cruelness on the part of the slimy dirt bag that abandoned the kittens, ( jerks like this have tested my faith in human nature ), and kindness on the part of the rescuers, ( folks like this have restored my faith in human nature ). Perhaps her name should be lucky.:lol: I can't wait to bring her home. Until then I will be building some perches for her in the windows. Places where she can enjoy the morning sun and watch the wildlife outside. Any suggestion for her name would be welcome.
Your Friend
Jack
View attachment 233932 . Perhaps her name should be Lucky.
I like the name Ginger for her, she is adorable. Does brother also have a furrever home? If not, could you take both of them?

Last edited:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry about the loss of your Chessie! But i am also glad you have found another little one to love. I think sharing our home, and love, with a new kitten in need is the best way to honor a loved one that we have lost!

we have 4 cats, but the youngest one we took in was also dumped, and almost dead when rescued. he is fine now, 3 years later, my husband named him Lucky! :)

and if you get 2 thats even better! More love, and more fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
I called the cat rescue folks and Gingers brother has been spoken for. It's no surprise to me as he is such a handsome boy. I will be going to visit Ginger tomorrow night and will be finding out tonight if I can bring her home. I'll keep you all informed about the situation.
Jack

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
A visit was arranged with ginger Wednesday night and she is doing fine. She is still nursing so probably won't be coming home for a few days. I am waiting anxiously to bring her home, but want what is best for her. She is very tiny and only weighs a pound and a quarter. She is going to be a petite little girl.
I just love my little kitty.
Jack
Ginger Peek A Boo.jpg
Peek A Boo

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's such a cutie pie. You're lucky you can go visit her while waiting to bring her home. :catlove:

It's now "recommended" that kittens stay with their mom and siblings till 12 weeks, so they have time to learn cat manners. So the longer she stays with her feline family, the better it will likely be for her, and you. :hearthrob:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just discovered this charming thread. So here is my belated but very hearty welcome to the Site Jack. I see you are already well acquainted with our group. I was sorry to hear about your loss. I know only too well what you have gone through as I have lost my 16 years old Cucumella last November but I'm so very happy for you that you'll soon have little Ginger bringing warmth to your heart and make your house a home again. She is lovely and so adorable. I'll be looking forward to your postings and photos.

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thank you golondrina and Furballsmom for the kind comments and compliments. This thread has been most enjoyable, all the photos are great. I can now recognize several of the resident cats here. I have no kitty right now so this site is the next best thing. Trying to get my kitty fix.:)
Your Friend
Jack

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
She is adorable. When my cat Peaches was that tiny she would hide in a tiny hole of the wood work in the kitchen. Not sure you have it but it's at the bottom between the kitchen sink and stove. Thought I had lost her. When playing she would squiggle her little booty and jump 1/2 centimeter to get a toy. She already knew the litter box but she had fun shooting her poo up to the handle bars. Kittens are so much fun and still is 6 yrs old

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like you have grown accustomed to calling her Ginger. Whatever you decide she has obviously tugged at your heartstrings and for that I am elated. :catlove: I can't wait for her to join you in your home and get updates. Best of luck!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I love that photo of her. Isn't there a saying about nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs? Not Ginger!