Hello My Friends

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
My name is Jack and I recently lost my little darling Chessie. Chessie was seventeen years old. When I got her she was a tiny tabby orphan. She was so tiny. Her eyes were still blue and I had to bottle feed her for a couple weeks. She was truly exceptional ( I am obviously biased). If you asked her to sit she would. If you said "be ferocious" she would sit up on her hind legs. If you said "put er' there" she would shake. If we were out in the garden or yard and said "time to go in", she would mosey into the house. Ive had many cats over the years but Chessie was the only one who would do this. Chessie got very ill and it turned out to be renal failure. A nightly pill and special food helped her to hang on for a couple years but renal failure finally caught up with her. I still miss her terribly. We are so blessed to have these little angels in our lives. They bring us so much love and happiness. The local cat rescue lady ( a real sweetheart) is helping me to find a new little friend. But there will always be an empty spot in my heart for my little Chessie.
Jack

CHESSIEC5x7-72.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J Jack B - Jack, welcome to TCS. Chessie surely was a beauty, and I'm sorry that she's crossed over, though from the sound of things, it seems that you and she had that special bond that surpasses all others.

Great of you to open your Heart so soon to another cat needing an home. It sounds to me like you're going to fit in perfectly here at TCS. It's a great community, Jack!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Jack, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3124.GIF

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

We are so sorry to hear about Chessie :alright: You may want to pay a tribute to Chessie here in crossing-the-bridge.19
Hope you'll soon find a new furry buddy to fill the void that Chessie left.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to the site, J Jack B . Condolences on the loss of your darling Chessie. :alright: She was beautiful. :catlove: RIP sweet girl. :angel:

As mentioned above, perhaps you'd like to post a tribute to her in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

I hope you'll soon find another furry friend to help heal your heart. :redheartpump:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome, oh, so VERY welcome! I am so sorry that you lost your lovely Chessie, but I hope that a new little friend, who will carve their own spot in you heart, will find you soon.

Yes, please post a tribute to Chessie in the Bridge forum!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thank you all very much for your kind thoughts. Some folks just don't get it when it comes to how much we love for kitties. Some have busy lives and families and just don't have time for a pet. Some are just ding dongs and I think are incapable of love. I think they don't even like themselves. These are the people that say thing like "I hate cats". These people are their own punishment.
Everyone on this site seems to understand, and be truly compassionate and capable of love. These folks are truly blessed, and I feel fortunate to be a part of that. The passing of my darling little Chessie has been really hard on me. Getting to chat with you all has been very comforting. Tomorrow I am going to meet with Charla the local cat rescue angel to look at some kittens. I just can't wait and I will keep you all informed and hopefully have some photos of my new little friend.
Love and happiness to you all and also to your kitties.
Your Friend
Jack

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Here is a snappy of my new little friend. I think she is a real cutie. She was given the name Ginger by the cat rescue people. I may or may not keep that name. To me, that name should be for an orange cat, but we will have to see what fits. As she is not old enough yet she won't be coming home for a couple weeks. How she came to me is an interesting story. Someone at the dump heard meowing and found a box with some very tiny kittens, estimated to be two weeks old. Unfortunately the box had been run over by a buldozer and three of the five kittens were deceased. The kind soul took the surviving kitties to the rescue folks. There they had a momma cat who's kittens had just been weaned. The momma cat lovingly adopted them and Ginger and her brother survived. Here is a story of cruelness and kindness. Cruelness on the part of the slimy dirt bag that abandoned the kittens, ( jerks like this have tested my faith in human nature ), and kindness on the part of the rescuers, ( folks like this have restored my faith in human nature ). Perhaps her name should be lucky.:lol: I can't wait to bring her home. Until then I will be building some perches for her in the windows. Places where she can enjoy the morning sun and watch the wildlife outside. Any suggestion for her name would be welcome.
Your Friend
Jack
Ginger.jpg
. Perhaps her name should be Lucky.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for your upcoming adoption of this sweet kitten. I agree, maybe her name should be Lucky or even Kismet.:wink:

I'm glad you joined the forum. There is a wealth of information and resources here. Please keep us posted when your new girl comes home and keep the pics coming. Feel free to post them here: Fur Pictures and Videos Only! Best of luck! :heartshape:

P.S. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the loss of Chessie. Although it is extremely difficult when a member of our fur family leaves us I hope her memories will live on forever. :angel:

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd name her Dozer. She's a tough little cookie! Best wishes!

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thanks for the responses. I like both the names suggested, Kismet, and Dozer. Here is another photo. This one is comical because her little noggin looks about two sizes too big. She looks a bit like those cartoon cats that were popular rears ago. The ones with the giant eyes. She has an eye infection but the rescue people are treating her. I will be going to visit her tomorrow evening. I am thinking about taking her a tee shirt that I have slept in. To get her used to what a smelly old Bozo I am:lol:. Too much fun! As I said I just can't wait to bring her home. The house is just too empty without a little knot head running around.
Your Friend
Jack
Ginger 2.jpg

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Well I went and visited Ginger tonight. She is something else, tearing around and being ferocious. At lest she thinks she is ferocious. A bit of a challenge to get a good photo of. Her eye infection is cleared up but the people looking after her are continuing with the treatment foe a few more days. I took a tee shirt that I slept in last night and put it in her enclosure. I also took her a little mouse that Chessie used to play with. I am obviously biased, but I think little Ginger would bend the needle on the Cute O' Meter. The name Ginger is starting to feel comfortable too. Now I just can't wait to bring the little Knothead home.
Love and happiness to you all and your kitties too.
Jack
Ginger ferocious.jpg
Ginger Frrocious2.jpg

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, your new kitty Ginger is so adorable!
Ginger is a sweet name and she does look so sweet!
I know you must be waiting oh so patiently to bring her home. It is good that you can visit her, though.
I am so sorry on the loss of your Chessie. I know how hard it is to lose a special kitty. It can be so lonely without them. Little Ginger will help your heart to heal. It helps to have a new kitty who needs you. Ginger will help to make your house a home again. You will always miss your precious Chessie but Ginger can help you heal.
Best of luck with your new kitty and welcome to the TCS!
Lucky and even Hope are sweet names but I also like Ginger. Maybe she does too!

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thank you Loving Mickey and Mamanyt. Ginger was really cracking me up. She was doing that sideways arched back aren't I a big kitty move. Chessie was very good at that, and would go shoosting across the floor sideways when she was little. Hilarious! Much more entertaining than anything on TV! During my first visit with Ginger she was quite subdued and didn't zoom around much. During the last visit this wasn't the case...crazy cat!!!
Too much fun!
Jack