Hello! Meet Wolfgang and Brünhilde!

wolfgang and brünhilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two years after losing my 21 year old rescue Girlgirl, I adopted Wolfgang from a shelter in 2020 as a kitten. He had been found living in a wheel well. I adopted Brünhilde two weeks later from the same rescue. She’d been found by herself at about 9 weeks on a farm and still has issues around food as a result of her early deprivation. Wolfgang and Brünhilde have grown up together and are best friends. These cat’s are so beautiful, sweet and expressive!

I have gotten them settled on a raw prey diet for nearly a year, love their poops on this diet (no smell! very light and quickly drying) but need to diversify as some things I’ve read suggest beef isn’t the best for cats on a full time basis. They seem to like rabbit but HareToday has been out of it recently. I’m trying to find a third protein they both get excited by, possibly pork, as Brünhilde needs to put on weight. She is a sensitive, nervous girl who is an antenna for any stress I’m feeling or any newness in her environment; yesterday new tennis shoes was the big disturbance for her. I’m researching best methods for helping her with this so she is more free to cat.

While controversial, both are toilet trained, which I did for me and them, ultimately because it allows us to travel easily and for them to have a clean place to eliminate when i'm working double shifts. If they indicate this no longer works for them, I will provide a litter box but nearly 2 years in, all is well.

Looking forward to learning and contributing here!

9F06094D-1B88-4013-8C51-BB100DB38988.jpeg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to all 3 of you! They are gorgeous! I wouldn't give cats an all beef diet unless they have allergies or something like that but it's OK from time to time if they like it. My cats will not touch beef cat food but will gladly take steak from my plate. They get a little of it a couple of times a month.

It sounds like they are happy, healthy kitties. You sure seem to know what you're doing IMO. I'm sorry that you lost your beloved Girlgirl (I love that name!). She had a long, wonderful life and you will be a part of each other forever. The bond you share is unbreakable. May she RIP. :rbheart:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
dbd7bae1ce6f4979aeb43e88724f4392.gif
to you, Wolfgang and Brünhilde, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Wolfgang and Brünhilde are beautiful! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:
Do post photos of them for us to see and we have special threads here just for them in black-cats-only.268663 and show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wolfgang and brünhilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
SO sweet. Hey, have heard of raw diet, but what is a raw PREY diet? Like, mice and little birds and bugs and things?
raw prey diet recreates the same nutrient and moisture balance that a wild cat would consume when it hunts and eats a whole prey animal. while all creatures you mentioned could be a part of a prey diet for cats, i just use whole ground up beef, rabbit or pig right now (minus the intestines and most of the fur).

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two years after losing my 21 year old rescue Girlgirl, I adopted Wolfgang from a shelter in 2020 as a kitten. He had been found living in a wheel well. I adopted Brünhilde two weeks later from the same rescue. She’d been found by herself at about 9 weeks on a farm and still has issues around food as a result of her early deprivation. Wolfgang and Brünhilde have grown up together and are best friends. These cat’s are so beautiful, sweet and expressive!

I have gotten them settled on a raw prey diet for nearly a year, love their poops on this diet (no smell! very light and quickly drying) but need to diversify as some things I’ve read suggest beef isn’t the best for cats on a full time basis. They seem to like rabbit but HareToday has been out of it recently. I’m trying to find a third protein they both get excited by, possibly pork, as Brünhilde needs to put on weight. She is a sensitive, nervous girl who is an antenna for any stress I’m feeling or any newness in her environment; yesterday new tennis shoes was the big disturbance for her. I’m researching best methods for helping her with this so she is more free to cat.

While controversial, both are toilet trained, which I did for me and them, ultimately because it allows us to travel easily and for them to have a clean place to eliminate when i'm working double shifts. If they indicate this no longer works for them, I will provide a litter box but nearly 2 years in, all is well.

Looking forward to learning and contributing here!

View attachment 421474
Beautiful babies 😻 Welcome 😀 Thanks for saving them 💕 B does look a bit MC too, what a beauty.

I have tried in the past to train two of my kittens to use the toilet but they wouldn't do it, plus family would not comply etc. But Angie hated it, she didn’t want to poop there. Maybe one day I will try again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wolfgang and brünhilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful babies 😻 Welcome 😀 Thanks for saving them 💕 B does look a bit MC too, what a beauty.

I have tried in the past to train two of my kittens to use the toilet but they wouldn't do it, plus family would not comply etc. But Angie hated it, she didn’t want to poop there. Maybe one day I will try again.
hey Meowmee!

the only reason it worked for us is that when they came home as kittens, from day 1 their litterbox WAS the toilet (a roasting pan with a small hole in the center and flushable litter. the hole was gradually enlarged and the litter gradually reduced and it took a full year of treating them every time they pooped successfully. it was very difficult and everything was timed to their pooping schedule which was in itself difficult. i wouldnt even try to train an adult cat. too stressful for them and you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, to the gorgeous Wolfgang and Brunhilde, and to Girlgirl, who joins us in spirit.

LOL, sorry...I have no clue how to get the accent mark above the "u" in Brunhilde's name. Ask her to forgive me!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey Meowmee!

the only reason it worked for us is that when they came home as kittens, from day 1 their litterbox WAS the toilet (a roasting pan with a small hole in the center and flushable litter. the hole was gradually enlarged and the litter gradually reduced and it took a full year of treating them every time they pooped successfully. it was very difficult and everything was timed to their pooping schedule which was in itself difficult. i wouldnt even try to train an adult cat. too stressful for them and you.
That is great you did that😀 With mine I started at maybe 15 weeks or so, I can’t rmember but when thye came home thye were using a lb. I think with Quinn- siamese- I could but everyone in the house has to adhere to the rules of leaving br open and toilet seat up etc. plus as long as other kitties have their boxes he would prefer that.