Hello - Introducing I think

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there!
I actually lurked here several times, but I don't remember if I ever actually posted anything...it's been so long. I want a place that I can come to where people understand what it is to really love cats! I have 7 cats and a maybe cat at the moment. I will never have more than this at a time but it's actually pretty easy to take care of them and have fun with them the way I have things set up. Five of my cats are siblings who needed a home 5 years ago...their mother was a stray and lives with my mom now. The sixth we got a year ago June. He really found us because he was starving and needed help. I had thought he was going to the Humane Society but that didn't happen. My 7th was almost a whim, because of a litter of kittens that my mother found in an unsafe place. My 9 year old daughter desperately needed a kitten, of course. And lastly, the reason I say one is a maybe...we are in a trial with a lovely young kitten (5 months old or so....maybe 4-6) who is blind and needs a forever home. Her previous owner was going to euthanize her but the vet stopped her and asked if she would surrender her instead. I hope ours is the forever home she needs but she has to be accepted by my pride. It's been less than 24 hours and everyone is pretty ok with her presence except my one female, Ruby, and the kitten. I thought the kitten would take to her quickly but not yet. My main concern is Ruby, though. I think the kitten will come around. I'm giving it a couple weeks.

Looking forward to discussing all things cat with you!
Jen

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: It sounds like you have a lovely feline family. :catlove:

I have a Ruby too, but she's an only cat, who I'm not sure if would welcome another cat into her domain or not. I hope your Ruby comes around and accepts the dear little kitten that desperately needs a loving home with you and your other cats. :catrub: Maybe something in this TCS article will be helpful: How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat | TheCatSite

Also, have you heard of Homer the blind cat. He, like your kitten was going to be euthanized, but a vet suggested one of her cat parents trying giving him a home. She did, and he lived an amazing life, which was shared in the book: Homer's Odyssey

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
Jen7 and furry friends, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3653.GIF
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Do post photos pf your kitties for us to see! :camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20191029_190149.jpg
20191029_083058.jpg
20191029_124654.jpg
20191028_132514.jpg
20191028_132455.jpg

So Ava is the new blind kitten. She is making our entire family fall in love with her. I hope our other cats feel the same!

Thomas is cuddling with my 13 year old Boston. No other animal in my house cuddles with Ty. It's extremely sweet!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome and it’s so wonderful you have a new kitty. Taking a blind kitty is super special and wonderful! All you family members are awesome! Two and four legged. I am so glad you brought Ava into the family. As someone who had a blind family member, you warmed my heart. Thank you! I hope you will enjoy being on the site and continue to let us know how Ava and the others are doing! :welcomesign:Love the photos!

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So how do I make a super cool signature line at the bottom of my posts? I have to do a cat photo shoot!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So how do I make a super cool signature line at the bottom of my posts? I have to do a cat photo shoot!
Click on your username at the top right corner of your screen, then click Signature from the drop down menu and from there you can include a one line signature or if you want a banner with your cat photo on it, you may submit your request here :- make-signature-banner-requests-here.338415

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm not only glad you joined the site but introduced us to your fabulous feline family. Ava is precious as are all your other beauties. So happy to hear you have a kind and compassionate vet who ask that Ava be surrendered by her previous owner as opposed to be PTS. You are an angel in every sense of the word.:angel:

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Click on your username at the top right corner of your screen, then click Signature from the drop down menu and from there you can include a one line signature or if you want a banner with your cat photo on it, you may submit your request here :- make-signature-banner-requests-here.338415
I don't see signature in the drop down under my name. Hmmm...

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your pride! You just know we're going to want pictures of EVERYONE, right? RIGHT?

View attachment 305822
I'll do a photo shoot and put it on the pictures board! I want to see everyone's cats, too! I'm really enjoying this board so far. I feel understood.😁