Hello, here is my 3 year old Oliver - are there hints of particular breeds in his appearance? :)

RM92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
According to the person who sold him, his dad was part Maine-Coon (a big, heavy cat, apparently). But, apart from quite fluffy long fur on his belly, he can't have that breed in his genes.

Some people think he looks like a Bengal, but to be honest, I don't know. But his personality stands out, and he does appear to have thought-provoking features. He is more than 6kg, and has a prominent primordial pouch. He can be quite hard to impress, to engage in play. It seems that he'll stop, look at my hand holding the toy, and then conclude it's not real so he won't play. But he cornered a bird the other day outside, and he will engage in watching videos of real prey on my tv. And when my father is sitting in his chair, Ollie will walk up to him and shake his tail for some attention, which he only does with him.

He still has a high-sounding voice. He would rather climb up drawer handles to get on the kitchen worktop, even though he is more than capable of jumping to high places.

He has a big attitude, and often walks with his tail curled up at the end, like his tail is suspended off the ground by about 10 inches. As the photos show, he has stripes and spots. He has a spotted belly, and spots either side of his spine, which has a thick black stripe down there. It seems like his eyes are similar to the gooseberry shade of green, too :)

Any opinions, informed or not, are very welcome :) Needless to say that whatever his breed, I love him very much :)

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Domestic short hair, tabby.
No Bengal certainly not any Maine Coon at all.
Most cats in the world are just domestics and not even a mix of breeds.
Being big does not mean anything, plenty of very large domestic cats around. Our boy was 16 lbs at his heaviest.
However he is a very find looking boy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RM92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your responses :)

Here are a few more photos that feature my 16 year old tuxedo, Jessica :)

She is a very special girl, very tolerant, gentle, takes food extremely seriously, and went through a lot when Ollie was moving from kitten to adult phase. She also had a few teeth removed last year, which was a big op. for her - very proud of all the challenges she's overcome. She was found as a stray kitten in my dad's place of work, a football club, in one of the offices. At the time, a vet recommended not to find a home for her, because she would be difficult to handle. Well, she was nothing like that :) She always gives kisses, too :)

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RM92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had to post a few more of Oliver, or as I call him, Mr. Big Bottom :) I don't think there's a photo when he's not expressing himself with a big attitude lol. :)

Attachments