Hello, Hello From Summer And Storm

SummerStorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
During Spring break, my boyfriends roommate just up and gave me my little love nugget, Storm. She's a Chartreux, we think. The lady that he adopted her from said she was a Russian Blue but she has the prettiest light brown eyes. Any idea what she is?
received_1425196690835320.jpeg
Snapchat-552852757.jpg
received_1430333536988302.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello SummerStorm SummerStorm , welcome to TCS :wave3:

Glad that you've joined the site. Do feel free to ask questions if you have any and do check out the informative Articles section and forum threads.

You can post your question regarding what breed your cat is here Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?

Do post more photos of your kitty :wink:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
welcome-sign.gif to TCS! Storm is such a gorgeous cat! I want to reach through the screen and pat that sweet nose. As to whether or not she is a Chartreux, I would be surprised if she were. Chartreux kittens are quite expensive and still quite rare so it would be unusual for the original owner to not realize she had one. Unfortunately, cat breeds are not my field of expertise, but I do know that without papers, there is no way to be sure. Hopefully someone else who knows more about breeds will pitch in and tell you more. Try posting Storms' photos and your question on the Describing Cats forum. People with more knowledge of breeds read that forum and someone may be able to help you.

In the meantime, we're very glad you and Storm are here. Don't forget to check out the articles and threads - there is an enormous amount of information on the site and it's a terrific source of information.

I hope to see more of Storm in the future and hear about her adventures - she really is a beauty and I'm sure she's bringing a lot of happiness to your life!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Storm could be a Chartreux lookalike, but without papers, she would be considered a blue Domestic Shorthair, but you could also call her a Maltese cat. She's pretty!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, my, Storm is so beautiful!
Wellcome to the forum, I am sure that you Will have fun here and find true friends.
I am no expert either, but yes, she is much more a good Charteux look-alike rather than a Russian Blue. It is not just because of eye colour, but because of her face shape, which is not as thin and delicate as expected for the last ones. Charteux cats, to me, have sweeter faces, while Russian Blues are more elegant, if that makes any sense.
Anyway, she is lovely and looks like she is a great flatmate.

mentat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome Summer and Storm! She's a petite beauty. Gray. Blue. Domestic Shorthair. Potpurri. Mixed bag. The BEST kind of cat!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, except that it matters to you, SummerStorm SummerStorm , I don't care what kind of cat Storm is. We already know the two most important things about her -- she is loving, and she is loved. All that, and beautiful too!

Welcome to TCS. This is a great place to find all sorts of information about cats, and a caring community of fellow cat lovers. We're very glad to have you here.

More pictures, please.

Margret

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Your cat is a doll. I am not into breeds so I have no idea what kind of cat she is. She is lovely and you love her so that is what counts.