Hello From Whisper And X-ray

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FCC8FCEE-5055-40B8-86A7-C4CEA89F50D9.jpeg
Hello from Florida
I have been hanging out for about 3 months now. This is an amazing site full of such caring and knowledgeable members I read it daily.
A little background i grew up always having one or two cats in our home. Once I was in my own place I added two Siamese cats and had many wonderful years with them. But since then it has been about 15 years since I have had a cat. For my birthday this year (57) I decided to find a kitten who needed a home because I was a human who needed a kitten. As I was looking online I found this site. I dove in and read the forums obsessively they were so great. I quickly found that over the years some of the norms and advice for having a cat had changed over the years. I mention that because it had a huge effect on my search for a new kitten. I had started looking for Siamese and found that a lot has changed with the breed While looking I found a pointed kitten born to a Siamese mom and the dad that was a black cat. When I went to see him in person he was just 4 weeks old so little. As I sat on the floor playing and getting to know him and his mom and litter mates a tiny little guy came walking into the room. I was told he was the runt. I fell in love at first site. As I started to pay attention to the runt the original kitten I came to see started meowing and crawling up my shirt as if to say hey don’t forget about me! His little meow was so soft (a whisper)but to him he was yelling. After the meet and greet on my hour and a half drive home I kept thinking of the threads I had read here on how much better it is to get two kittens instead of one. That was not something I would have done.Years ago it was normal to get one kitten. While I did have two Siamese before they were not litter mates and it just happened by chance about a year apart. I had time to think before making any decisions because they were still too young of course to leave their mom. So I kept reading and thinking but the decision of course was already made. They are 15 weeks old now Whisper has white Markings and X-Ray has the tradition dark. We are so happy to meet all of you!!!!!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello Sylvia Jones, Whisper and X-Ray, welcome to the site, we are glad you have joined us. There's lots of articles to read and things to join in.
What a lovely story of how you chose, or should I say, how you were chosen. Both kittens are very pretty and look comfortable in their forever home. Look forward to lots more photos.

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Sylvia, love Whisper and X-Ray. Wishing you all long and happy lives together. I can see you are already off to a great start. Enjoy the website....it seems like you already know your way around!! See you on the boards. :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-151854.gif
to you, Sylvia and X-ray, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3643.GIF
to you all.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for adopting Sylvia and X-ray and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:
They are such cuties! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink: