Hello from Virginia

Krissy72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My name is Krissy. I am married with two boys and from Virginia. I adore cats and have always had cats up until now. My husband does not like cats so unfortunately since we have been married I have been unable to have another cat. I am hoping one day he changes his mind. In the meantime, I keep showing him cute cat videos lol hoping he will not be able to resist any longer.

One of my favorite cats I have owned was a Siamese cat. His name was Caesar. He was so talkative, always meowing and he would fetch too. I would throw a rolled up paper and he would run and bring it back to me. He has since passed away.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: I understand being a cat purrson without a cat, as I went many years without a cat of my own. Maybe one day a special cat will come into your lives, and your husband will discover he's a cat purrson afterall.

Meanwhile, maybe to get your cat fix you could volunteer at a shelter. :petcat:

Caesar sounds like he was a typical chatty Siamese. If you have any pictures of him, feel free to post them either in this thread, or in any of the applicable threads in the Fur Pictures and Videos Only! forum.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Krissy! :wave3:

My husband is not a cat guy either. I bring them home anyway, LOL. The funny thing is that after Ash had his surgery, my husband was nonchalently cheking on him every day. Also, Ash would always lie on the couch at my husband's head. My hubby just likes to complain but he learns to live with it and doesn't put up much of a fight. We have always had cats...and dogs.

My Ash plays fetch too and it's adorable, isn't it? With regards to what rubysmama rubysmama said, the local shelters are always looking for volunteers. My daughter volunteers at ours every week.

Is he dead set against them or do you think he might warm up to the idea?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
3d4a7fca5a901077faa7d23e16e6e300.gif
Krissy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
a1b684c04a8f574c91b3e3e7068995c7.jpg
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forumsand do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Feel free to get your cat fix here! OH...and...sometimes, the best person to convince someone to give a cat a chance is a cat!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Krissy72 Krissy72 aww i pray that he will change his mind and let you get a kitty soon.. welcome to TCS and feel free to post in the games section and get to know everyone here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krissy72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome Krissy! :wave3:

My husband is not a cat guy either. I bring them home anyway, LOL. The funny thing is that after Ash had his surgery, my husband was nonchalently cheking on him every day. Also, Ash would always lie on the couch at my husband's head. My hubby just likes to complain but he learns to live with it and doesn't put up much of a fight. We have always had cats...and dogs.

My Ash plays fetch too and it's adorable, isn't it? With regards to what rubysmama rubysmama said, the local shelters are always looking for volunteers. My daughter volunteers at ours every week.

Is he dead set against them or do you think he might warm up to the idea?
Unfortunately so far he seems dead set against the idea. I have always been a cat person so it's hard not having one. Maybe one day he will change his mind. I miss having a cat so much that I have had seen cats in my dreams lol. I have even had dreams seeing my previous cats I used to have.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately so far he seems dead set against the idea. I have always been a cat person so it's hard not having one. Maybe one day he will change his mind. I miss having a cat so much that I have had seen cats in my dreams lol. I have even had dreams seeing my previous cats I used to have.
I don't know your husband...but when mine is dead set against it, it's just his "bark being worse than his bite" and I'm used to him putting up a fight, LOL. I truly hope that he changes his mind because it is obviously very important to you. Did you consider the shelter idea?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Krissie,

Welcome to the forum.

My brother-in-law did not like cats either. But when I had to go into assisted living and was not able to care for my cat anymore he and my sister stepped up and adopted him 2 years ago. They moved with him last year to here, Fredericksberg, VA., and they fell in love with him. He even gets along with their 2 elderly Boston Terriers. I could not get him back even if I could. That's pretty good for a former feral cat.