Hello from the USA

Tata54

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My name is Lata’ but everyone calls me ‘tata’ I joined this site to make new friends who love cats and learn more about mine. I just posted in ‘Cat Behavior’ some of my questions. All my life I have been strictly a dog person till I met Callie.

Callie is a gorgeous calico who had been abandoned from an apartment when Her owner moved out and left her behind. Grrr/.

I fell in love the first time I saw her at my neighbors who at that time thought he wanted to keep her. She was heavy with kittens and had been abandoned outdoors for about a year according to my neighbor. He had been feeding her. But she was skin and bones giving all she had to her 6 kittens. She was living underneath an old house close by.

Once she had the kittens and they were 8 weeks old he trapped them and found them homes. But she still remained outdoors only. She had not been spayed or vaccinated. To make a long story short he eventually decided he didn’t want her and I could have her. I was thrilled.

I immediately got her spayed and all her vaccinations and she became mine. I was now a proud cat owner or rather she adopted me it seemed. She liked me from day one as much as I did her. But I knew very little about indoor/outdoor cats or taking in strays. So I am here for friendship, cat talk and to learn with help, From all you cat experts.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
hello kitty.gif

Lata and Callie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm

graphics-welcome-621873.jpg

to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Callie is an indoor only cat. If she's indoor/outdoor, she will get fleas which carry tape worms. If she is indoor/outdoor, she will also mprobably get various worms. And there are many other badf things that can happen to san outdoor cat. Dogs, cars, other cats, mean people.

Thankyou for rescuing Callie! Let us know how she is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tata54

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope Callie is an indoor only cat. If she's indoor/outdoor, she will get fleas which carry tape worms. If she is indoor/outdoor, she will also mprobably get various worms. And there are many other badf things that can happen to san outdoor cat. Dogs, cars, other cats, mean people.

Thankyou for rescuing Callie! Let us know how she is doing.
No She is not an indoor only cat. But has every vaccination possible and gets dewormed regularly as well as flea protection. She would be miserably unhappy if I kept her inside all the time. I have tried, given her interactive play time daily, toys, attention, a wi Dow with a very active bird feeder where she can watch them. Believe me I wish I could but she is just not happy

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello. My name is Lata’ but everyone calls me ‘tata’ I joined this site to make new friends who love cats and learn more about mine. I just posted in ‘Cat Behavior’ some of my questions. All my life I have been strictly a dog person till I met Callie.

Callie is a gorgeous calico who had been abandoned from an apartment when Her owner moved out and left her behind. Grrr/.

I fell in love the first time I saw her at my neighbors who at that time thought he wanted to keep her. She was heavy with kittens and had been abandoned outdoors for about a year according to my neighbor. He had been feeding her. But she was skin and bones giving all she had to her 6 kittens. She was living underneath an old house close by.

Once she had the kittens and they were 8 weeks old he trapped them and found them homes. But she still remained outdoors only. She had not been spayed or vaccinated. To make a long story short he eventually decided he didn’t want her and I could have her. I was thrilled.

I immediately got her spayed and all her vaccinations and she became mine. I was now a proud cat owner or rather she adopted me it seemed. She liked me from day one as much as I did her. But I knew very little about indoor/outdoor cats or taking in strays. So I am here for friendship, cat talk and to learn with help, From all you cat experts.
:hellosmiley::hithere::petcat::catlove::catrub:Welcome To TCS....To You n ure babies

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Callie! It's always so much fun to hear, "I'd always been a dog person until..." All it takes is the right cat! We'll do our best to guide you, and we may be able to help transition Callie into an indoor-only cat, with some time and patience! If you haven't already, put a post about it in the Behavior forum, and we'll go from there! If you have, what's the title of it? I missed it.

1575146506813.png

Attachments