Hello From The Land Of Anxiety!

sooser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
My nameI have two gorgeous baby boys named Rogue and Spooky, they just turned one last month! They both come equipped with some anxiety because they were taken from their mom too soon and abandoned in a 711 bathroom, so I'm here mostly to learn how to handle that since I've never raised cats on my own until I got them.

Not going to lie, it's been stressful! My disabled self was very much not prepared for suddenly taking in two small 4/5 week old kittens when my roomie (who worked at the 711 in question) brought them home and dumped them on my head in the middle of the night.

Rogue was supposed to be her's and Spook was supposed to be mine...needless to say it didn't turn out that way. She decided he was too expensive for her (which still pisses me off to this day since she's the one who insisted on keeping them) and was going to rehome him. I didn't want him and Spook to be separated, they've been peas in a pod since we got them, so I adopted both.

Watching them grow and learning their quirks has been a blast! They're both such good, intelligent, mischevious boys even if they love to destroy my plants. I love them so, so much, and watching their eyes light up when we play, or getting in a good cuddle at the end of the day, have become some of the lights in my quite barren life.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3317.GIF
sooser, Rougue and Spooky, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3118.GIF
to you all.

Thank you for adopting Rougue and Spooky and they are meant to be yours and we are happy that they light up your life.

I see that you've found your way around already but if you have time, do read up the many informative articles in the Articles section.

They are lovely :lovecat::lovecat4: and we have a special thread for them and you can also post their photos here in Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;)

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! They're both so cute!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, they're adorable, and even if you didn't plan to have them, it sounds like it was a very good thing for both you and them. Welcome to TCS! :wave3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sooser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom thank you, I definitely will! I've been acquainting myself with them a little more. And I will definitely be checking out that thread, I love showing them off haha My instagram is practically dedicated to them...my quirky, furry 711 angels lmao

abyeb abyeb Thank you, they really are. Such wonderful kitters with big bright personalities...and quirks. For instance, today Rogue (the one lying down in the first picture) discovered that my bras make a perfect pillow in which to lay in?! What an adorable weirdo!

betsygee betsygee Thank you <3 If this is what unplanned single catparenthood is like I can't imagine single unplanned actual parenthood! I just fear that I can't give them a good, happy life but I'm definitely going to be trying my best to do just that...even though I'm becoming something of a helicopter catmom. Rogue likes the taste of onion, who knew :/ Bout damn gave me a heart attack last night but he's doing just fine so far and his vet isn't too concerned. I'm to keep an eye on him for a couple days and bring him in if I see any symptoms.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes the biggest mistakes end up being the biggest blessings! What a lovely furfamily you have! Welcome to TSC, we are so glad that you found us.

uhmkyrstin

Mama to a Purrfect Kitten
Young Cat
Purraise
I love it! They're beauties. I know how you must've felt adopting them so young, the little guy I just rescued was around 4 weeks when I found him two weeks ago. On the anxiety, they have collars and vests you can find at pet stores or on sites like chewy.com that are made to reduce their anxiety when worn! You should look into them for when your fur babies get nervous! :cutecat:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
betsygee betsygee I'm becoming something of a helicopter catmom. Rogue likes the taste of onion, who knew :/ Bout damn gave me a heart attack last night but he's doing just fine so far and his vet isn't too concerned. I'm to keep an eye on him for a couple days and bring him in if I see any symptoms.
I know. When our cats were babies (we got them from the SPCA at 3 months old) I was ridiculously overprotective of them. :paperbag: :lol: I still am, but I've lightened up a little as they get older--they're 8 now. :D

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Your kitties are beautiful - thanks for taking them in!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Rogue and Spooky are adorable. Like 2 peas in a pod. I'm sure having them dumped on your head in the middle of the night was a shock, but I can tell it was meant to be. You sound like a perfect helicopter catmom. Just like so many of us on this site. ;)