Hello from Tasmania

Jeffk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

Very glad to become part of this community. My wife and I have three cats but I'd have more if I could. I was seriously allergic to cats for a very long time with my eyes swelling up and stinging if I was even in the same room as one. When I met my now wife, Helen, she had a cat and she had no intention of trading her in for me, so I suffered for many months but eventually got over it. Now I'm making for lost time and I'd have a house full of cats if she'd let me. :)

We currently have three kittens.

The eldest is our calico girl, April (12yrs) who was rescued from her former owner, starving and pregnant when she was 18 months old. She loves people and can't understand why everybody wouldn't want to spend their entire day being loved by her.

Next is Xanni (Xanadu) my six year old Maine Coone. She was the runt of the litter and the bottom of the pack. Kept to be a queen by her breeder, she came to us because she rejected her kittens. She's shy and goofy and my constant companion.

And then there's the newcomer, Mr Wigglesworth. He's 7 months old and ginger, which I think just about says it all :). He was found living in bushes beside a highway when he was three months old and came to us soon after. Not sure if he was really feral or just lost because he adapted to living with us very quickly. He's one of the happiest cats I've ever met, always blurting and purring. He comes up to bed and sleeps between us every night so the last thing we hear as we drift off is the sound him purring.

Looking forward to meeting lots of new people through the forum.

IMG_0172.jpeg IMG_0838.jpeg IMG_0637.jpeg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Jeff, and welcome to the site!

I had to smile reading about Mr Wigglesworth.. the very definition of a ginger boy, and very, very grateful to have found you, I imagine. All of them sound delightful and content. Looking forward to hearing more about them.

By the way, the chances of stumbling on an international cat site with a Tasmanian moderator aren't that great, but you just did it. :) I'm a Hobart girl, born and bred, now living in Queensland.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: April, Xanni, and Mr. Wigglesworth are all cutie pies. :catlove:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm glad you joined the site and introduced us to your three lovely cats. I have to admit Xanni is an extremely impressive Maine Coon.:lovecat3: I'm glad you were able to get over your allergic reaction and become a fellow cat lover.🤗

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome! Gorgeous cats you got there!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A1565852-8B9E-4215-B5D2-139833E02D3D$L0$001~photo.gif
Jeffk, April, Xanni and Mr Wigglesworth, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
3EF3C69C-C57A-4A14-9DBC-3245B7ACD310.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely kitties you've got here :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of them and we have special threads here just for them :- show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

Do join our current Photo contest here if have a photo that fits the description :- picture-of-the-month-competition-dec-2020-cats-with-their-favourite-gifts.422577

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and those LOVELY, STUNNING fur babies! We're tickled to death to have you, and so happy that you overcame that allergy! Isn't life with cats wonderful?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jeffk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Looking forward to spending some quality time around here once I get Christmas out of the way. :)