Hello From Nimbus and Norbert!

avni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! These are my little babies, Nimbus( white- 3 yo) and Norbert (Black - 6mo)! they are not getting along yet (it's been 4 months of slow intro) and after advise from this group I've let them spend time together so Nimbus can establish boundaries because Norbert can be quite a jerk.

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and Nimbus and Norbert. Who are adorable by the way. I have a 3 year old and a kitten as well. My Patches totally agrees kitten's are jerks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

avni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and Nimbus and Norbert. Who are adorable by the way. I have a 3 year old and a kitten as well. My Patches totally agrees kitten's are jerks.
any luck in the introduction

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, Nimbus and Norbert (Love that name!). Yeah. Kittens that age can be jerks. I think it is in their job description. The good thing is that almost always the problem solves itself with time! Tell Nimbus to hang in there, we're rooting for him.

avni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Yeah, I'm letting her teach him boundaries at the moment after getting some advice from other cat owners. Norbert keeps trying to initiate play but Nimbus does NOT want that right now

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any luck in the introduction
Yep they get on most of the time but I'm definitely getting the kitten done he now has a scatch on his nose from trying to mount Patches lol. To be fair I would of put him in his place long ago.

avni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep they get on most of the time but I'm definitely getting the kitten done he now has a scatch on his nose from trying to mount Patches lol. To be fair I would of put him in his place long ago.
im watching mine interact and it's making me so nervous even though i know the kitten just needs to be taught what's okay and what's not

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im watching mine interact and it's making me so nervous even though i know the kitten just needs to be taught what's okay and what's not
It can be scary I found the kitten was the trouble maker the older cat kept running away at first. My kitten is 5 months old and always wants to wrestle. Even after the big cat pinned him he would run then come straight back at him. But cat's play roughly I'll put a picture this is after the older one put him in his place try to give the older cat lots of high places so he can get away from the kitten. And eventually they will get along second pic.
IMG_20201125_080715.jpg
IMG_20201112_104216.jpg

avni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It can be scary I found the kitten was the trouble maker the older cat kept running away at first. My kitten is 5 months old and always wants to wrestle. Even after the big cat pinned him he would run then come straight back at him. But cat's play roughly I'll put a picture this is after the older one put him in his place try to give the older cat lots of high places so he can get away from the kitten. And eventually they will get along second pic. View attachment 360540View attachment 360541
thanks! She has a tall tower but has been hiding under the bed. Norbert won't stop coming for her! he's got WAY too much energy! I'm planning on picking up some more toys/tunnels today. I've never seen my older girl this way so it's very nerve wracking. especially after the fight last night (no blood. i pulled them apart and put norbert away)

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep mine still goes at the older cat but that really is kittens. One trick I do is try to distact the kitten when he starts with a wand toy to tire him out. I also keep them in different rooms at night so the older cat gets some piece. I think the older cat's go under inside thing's in the hope the kitten can't jump on them. I know it can be alarming but kitten play even between two siblings often looks worse than it is.

avni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep mine still goes at the older cat but that really is kittens. One trick I do is try to distact the kitten when he starts with a wand toy to tire him out. I also keep them in different rooms at night so the older cat gets some piece. I think the older cat's go under inside thing's in the hope the kitten can't jump on them. I know it can be alarming but kitten play even between two siblings often looks worse than it is.
thanks! Yeah i keep them apart during work and when im sleeping

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Nimbus and Norbert are cutie pies. Hopefully in time they'll be best buds. :catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1aa391fd4b868542794541c3d29c75c6.jpg
Avni, Nimbus and Norbert, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What cute guys you've got here! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more phots of Nimbus and Norbert and we have special threads here just for them in bi-color-kitties-only.85808 and black-cats-only.268663 and many fun thread here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Your two kittens are precious even if Norbert is the instigator. It sounds like he is full of mischief.:happycat:

avni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Your two kittens are precious even if Norbert is the instigator. It sounds like he is full of mischief.:happycat:
Thanks!! He definitely is!! He keeps bothering the other! Hopefully they sort it out and can be left alone together eventually lol