Hello from me and my three

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nollamadrama

One meow to rule them all
Young Cat
Purraise
Little update. My trio has become a duo. My sweet Snow Bear passed away last Thursday at about 10:45pm. I couldn't afford to bring him to the vet to figure out what was going on let alone afford to have him euthanized. In hindsight, while I deeply regret my lack of ability to secure him the veterinary care he deserved (and will never take in another cat until and unless I am able to be in a situation where basic veterinary care is not a financial impossibility) I do not for one moment regret not having him put down.
It was one of the most difficult things I think I've experienced in my life and that is truly saying a lot coming from someone who was literally tortured as a child.
But I don't regret it. He passed away at home, lying next to me on the bed, as comfortable as we could make him, surrounded by his family and our unending love for him.
Losing him has been heartbreaking but I'm trying hard to be strong for Sasha and Peppy. Their relationship dynamic was not very good before Snowy passed and now it's all up in the air once more.
I'm trying to spend more one on one time with both. I'm finding myself needing to comfort Sasha who seems to be in shock over the loss of her near lifelong companion and playing with Peppy who has this newfound need for affection and a kitten like playfulness.
It's hard. It's really hard.
Rest in Heaven, Snow Bear.
20191125_091541_HDR-01-01.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of Snow Bear. :alright:
RIP sweet kitty. :angel:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a beautiful soul......Thank you for your update, even with such distressing news. I definitely know how it is to not have the money available to do all those tests that are needed. But one thing I have found over the years is that even with spending a lot of money, and trying all kinds of medications and therapies, the end result is still the same. Their precious bodies were at the end of life and nothing seemed to help.....
it's so hard to have them pass away at home, every living creature fights against the coming night. But to pass at home, surrounded by the comforts of everything they always knew, and feeling the love and concern of their family is something we would all wish for ourselves. and it so seldom happens. Do not regret not taking him in, the stress and fear was avoided and meant everything to him.
The love you share is spiritual, so eternal. You will always have that little boy's love deep in your soul, and he will follow your life's journey to the very end of time. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Some day his precious memories will be a comfort to you instead of bringing tears, do not dwell on his end, he would never want that for someone he loves so much. Comfort those left in your care, and tell them stories about that sweet boy. They will enjoy your soothing voice and love you even more.
Take care and know you will be in our thoughts and prayers today, the heavens have gained another little angel to shine high in the nighttime sky......RIP beautiful Snow Bear. You will never be forgotten, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi I’m so deeply sorry you lost 🌈 Snow Bear! This poem helped a little after I lost 🌈 Dante the Great. I hope it helps a tiny bit. There is a Crossing the Bridge section that may help you.

P.S. I would love to see your other two or your duo as you call them. 😻

Attachments