Hello from me and my three

nollamadrama

One meow to rule them all
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself and my kitties. I currently have two seniors cats and one new kitty that I very recently took in.

I have had cats my entire life. Growing up any time a cat of ours exhibited a problematic behavior my parents' solution was to surrender it to the Humane Society. We never kept a cat for more than a couple of years. It broke my heart every single time they would get rid of one.

That's enough about me, though. On to the cats!

Let's start with the new guy first.

His name (I think he's a he. Not quite sure) is Peppy. He's got beautiful long gray fur with a precious little tuxedo patch of white on his chest and white toes to match. I'm not sure how old he is. His owner passed away sometime in October. Peppy was alone with his deceased owner for at least a week before they were discovered.

Peppy was taken in by a relative of mine. The relative insisted that Peppy eat dry food and Peppy refused. Peppy did not eat much for a the couple of weeks he lived with my relative. After the relative decided that they were going to surrender Peppy I decided to take him myself. He was emaciated.

He's going to be heading in to see the vet soon where I'm going to have him checked out from tail to whiskers. He's a sweet little thing and although I've only had him a short while he's already made his way into my heart.

He won't sit on my lap just yet but he will let me pet and brush him and even lets me pet and brush his tummy. He has started to meow when I come into the room where he's being quarantined. I'm so glad that I brought him home.

Next up is my little lady, Sasha. She is eleven years old and I believe a long haired Calico. I rescued her on Thanksgiving Day 2011. She kept going into heat and instead of getting her fixed the people who had her were threatening to end her life in a very cruel manner. I decided that I was going to take her and they were more than willing to give her to me.

Sasha had been mistreated a lot more than I'd initially anticipated. It took about a year or two before I could pet her without her flinching away from my hand. She is my little 'fraidy cat who hides whenever anyone new comes to the house.

She's slowly turned into the biggest love bug. She loves being held and petted. She will often sit outside the bathroom door howling if you don't let her come in with you. She is very gentle, very sweet, and has the funniest meow.

Last but not least is my precious boy, Snowy. Snowy is a Flame Point Siamese and is soon to be thirteen years old. I adopted him from the Humane Society in 2010.

Snowy is a diet controlled Diabetic. Going through Diabetes with him was both frightening and empowering. I learned how to do a lot of his care myself. I learned to check his blood sugar at home and did his glucose curves at home as well. He went into remission very quickly and hasn't needed Insulin in a number of years.

I call him my Velcro cat because he is always stuck to me. He loves nothing more than for me to hold him over my shoulder like a baby. He is extremely outgoing and very, very vocal.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Pictured below: Peppy, Sasha, and Snowy.

20211129_213158_HDR.jpg
photostudio_1493226110224.jpg
20150728_120235.jpg

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and your trio, Peppy, Sasha and snowy. Who are adorable and certainly look like the cat's that got the cream. Thank you for giving them a loving home. Those faces are so sweet. :purr:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
hello-cat-text-card-vector-illustration-funny-style-cats-characters-welcome-poster-black-white...jpg
nollamadrama, Peppy, Sasha and Snowy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
3927543b9f9b7bb1bfb24669a09e2225.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Your kitties are lovely! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of them for use to see!

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site! we look forward to hearing more about your journey with your cats. Peppa looks like a senior cat too, my heart breaks for what he went through, his owner is surely blessing you from heaven for caring for him. It will take a while, introducing cats is usually not an easy task, but we can help you. Just remember, it WILL happen! I bless you too, for your loving heart and for loving these sweet babies!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beauties❤ I am sorry for the pain caused that your family abandoned those cats. You are a savior for these 3, ty so much for doing the extra that they required to be part of your family, you deserve a medal… they will love you forever. 🐾

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nollamadrama

Young Cat
Purraise
Quick update on Peppy.

Turns out that he is actually a she. Whoops!

She's approximately 8 to 10 years old (I'm going with 8 because who wouldn't like to be a little younger, right?) and aside from an upper respiratory infection and being pretty thin (7lbs, 2oz) she's otherwise in perfect health.

Now that she's feeling a bit better her personality is starting to come out. She is so sweet and I am very thankful that I brought her home with me.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update on Peppy.

Turns out that he is actually a she. Whoops!

She's approximately 8 to 10 years old (I'm going with 8 because who wouldn't like to be a little younger, right?) and aside from an upper respiratory infection and being pretty thin (7lbs, 2oz) she's otherwise in perfect health.

Now that she's feeling a bit better her personality is starting to come out. She is so sweet and I am very thankful that I brought her home with me.
Aww she is gorgeous. That is great she is so sweet and settling in. Zena turned out to be a he, first time I was wrong about an outdoor cat. He is a lh too 😻 dvm seemed to think he was 1 but he showed up nearly 2 years ago so prolly 1-2. He had to be at least 6 months when he showed up, so prolly 2 maybe.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful kitties! Poor Sasha- you can tell from the look in her eyes that she has had know despairing times but at least she is with you now and her future is a bright one, with healing ove, happiness and joys galore! Peppy is beautiful and I love Snowy's expression of utter contentment. Your journey with managing Snowy's diabetes will enable you to share your experiences with other worried cat owners dealing with similar challenges. Bless you for rescuing and a big thank you for joining TCS! See you in the forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nollamadrama

Young Cat
Purraise
New photo of Peppy and a little update.

She's got so many nicknames now that I'm pretty sure she has no idea what her actual name might be.

I'm fairly certain that at one point in time she was either injured or has some type of disorder that impacts her tail, rear legs, balance, coordination, and spacial awareness. I cannot afford to have X-rays or tests done to determine the origin of the issue.
20220705_175408_HDR-01.jpeg

Her difficulties don't appear to be negatively impacting her quality of life too much and she seems to have adapted to them fairly well overall. It takes a bit more work on my part; there are things I need to do for her and take into consideration with her that I don't with my other two kitties. Likewise there are things I need to take into consideration with the other two that I don't need to worry about with Peppy.

Example; Peppy frequently needs to have her bottom wiped (I apologize if that is TMI). I have seldom had to do that for my other two. She needs a special litter box because she has trouble squatting and I have to help her with much of her grooming because she's either unable or doesn't know how to do some of it herself.

With my other two I have to be careful with what I leave on the kitchen counters because if they smell something tasty they'll be up there as soon as my back is turned. I don't have to worry about that with Peppy because she can't jump well enough to make it up there. As I'm typing that I realize how sad it sounds but I'm choosing to see the silver lining.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New photo of Peppy and a little update.

She's got so many nicknames now that I'm pretty sure she has no idea what her actual name might be.

I'm fairly certain that at one point in time she was either injured or has some type of disorder that impacts her tail, rear legs, balance, coordination, and spacial awareness. I cannot afford to have X-rays or tests done to determine the origin of the issue.View attachment 425490

Her difficulties don't appear to be negatively impacting her quality of life too much and she seems to have adapted to them fairly well overall. It takes a bit more work on my part; there are things I need to do for her and take into consideration with her that I don't with my other two kitties. Likewise there are things I need to take into consideration with the other two that I don't need to worry about with Peppy.

Example; Peppy frequently needs to have her bottom wiped (I apologize if that is TMI). I have seldom had to do that for my other two. She needs a special litter box because she has trouble squatting and I have to help her with much of her grooming because she's either unable or doesn't know how to do some of it herself.

With my other two I have to be careful with what I leave on the kitchen counters because if they smell something tasty they'll be up there as soon as my back is turned. I don't have to worry about that with Peppy because she can't jump well enough to make it up there. As I'm typing that I realize how sad it sounds but I'm choosing to see the silver lining.
Peppy is beautiful, and your trio are lucky to have you. I myself have dealt with a cat with balance problems. My boy had a middle ear infection as a kitten it was so bad he couldn't stand. I didn't have x-ray done just went with what the vet suspected. He was on antibiotics for weeks to clear it, but like you I looked for the silver lining. He was left with a slight head tilt and it took a few months before he was fully back to nearly his old self. He at nearly 2 now doesn't jump well, I think once they've tried and failed a few times they give it up as a bad job. I realised while my boy was having difficulties with his balance that cat's learn to compensate for their difficulties and cope remarkably well. I hope you do manage to discover what is causing her problems even if it's through the process of elimination one thing at a time. But hang in there they do adapt so well.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww.... Peppy is beautiful. :hearthrob: Sorry she has some health issues, but glad she has you to care for her. :hearthrob::petcat: