Hello from me and my three kitties!

bella8188

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! My name is Bella, I'm in my late twenties, and live in Massachusetts, USA with my wife and our son. I have a full time job, but work a few hours a week at my town's local cat shelter (and volunteer there even more hours). I've got three lovely kitties, all adopted from the shelter.

My first one is Minerva, she's a black DSH, four years old. She's the cheekiest of my three, and is the most interested in outdoors - during the warmer months, I have to keep a sign on the front door warning guests to check that she's not in front of the door, because she can be pretty quick getting out (although doesn't run away, just rolls in the grass and hides under the deck when I try to get her back in). She's also the most affectionate/snuggly out of the three, she sleeps in our bed every night.

Next is Hermione, my brown tabby. She's also four, in the middle between the other two (they're all a month apart in age). She's the most skittish, she'll hide if people come over, although she'll usually come out to say hi if she feels comfortable. She has a distended chest bone so doesn't like being held, but LOVES being petted (particularly in the bathroom). She's the most vocal out of the three, and will happily meow to let us know that her food bowl is empty, or the litter needs scooping, or if she thinks that we need to come to the lounge room and pet her there.

Last one is Ginny. She's my orange tabby, and is also four years old. I adopted her a year after I got the other two - I was volunteering at the shelter when she came in, her owner had died, and I fell in love with her so fast. She's not particularly graceful - I had to spend half an hour teaching her how to jump over a baby gate before she finally figured it out - but she's a sweetie. She LOVES treats and laser pointers. She likes to sit on me when I'm in bed reading/watching netflix, and has the rumbliest purr.

For the most part they get along well, they will take naps together, and have gotten very protective of each other - we recently adopted a dog, and if he gets too close to one of the cats and she growls/hisses at him, the other two will come running to help her. But they're very sweet kitties, otherwise!

And yes, I did name them after Harry Potter characters. They all even have the same birthday as their character (this worked out by pure chance!).

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Bella, Minerva, Hermione and Ginny, welcome to TCS:wavey:

Great that you are helping the kitties at the shelter and also adopting the 3 of them.

If you have questions, please ask and do check out this wonderful site for its informative contents.

Please post more photos of your kitties for us to see;)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to you and your three beautiful kitties.
Your photos are wonderful - each cat shows so much personality. I'm really partial to the black, ginger and tabby combination - they just spell out home to me. And what a lucky girl Ginny was to come in while you were there and able to bring her home! I see that none of them are camera shy.

This is a very friendly group here so if you have any questions, please ask. Someone almost always knows the answer. If you do some poking around with the search tool you'll find that there is an immense amount of information available in articles and old threads.

Hope to see you around the forum. :cool:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
Your three kitties are all simply adorable.
I am very fond of orange kitties, as I do have one myself.
It is great that you volunteer your time at your animal shelter.
I have always wanted to do that, but afraid I would bring all the kitties home.
I feel so bad when I see them at my Petsmart.
Many days I leave that store in tears, as I want all the kitties to have a loving home.
All kitties deserve that and so much more!
Again, welcome to you and your kitties.
Hope to see all of you around this site often!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site! Any advise you have on raising cats together, or anything else, please feel free to post. Beautiful kitties, what a color selection!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site. What nice cats you have. I used to have a cat that liked to dart out. When someone knocked at the door, I would just yell "give me a moment" and put the cat in another room. Unless the person is being chased by a predator, they can wait. This also gives me time to back my dogs away and get them under control.
I am so glad you chose to adopt.