Hello From Me And My Six Fur Kids!

Grillby

Proud cat mom of eight
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've posted here yet to introduce me or my kids. So I figured it was about time. By kids I mean my cats of course. I don't have kiddos of my own yet, minus the ones I watch/teach at work at daycare. c:

This is my boy Tickle Tummy (his actual name is Caramel, but no one ever uses it). He's about 8 years old. We adopted him from a shelter when he was about 2 months old and he's.. pretty big. He weight about 20 LBs at his last vet visit. His nick name is from when he was little he hated his belly getting 'tickled'.. I guess the name is a little ironic now. lol Tummy is really grumpy and gets mad when I give the other kitties too much attention.

This is Cat Friend. Who we started calling that because she was 'my brother's' and he didn't name her.. so the name stuck. She kneads a lot, which we like to call prancing. Especially likes doing it on my poor sides while I'm in bed (ouch). I'm not sure how old she is as we found her as a stray at a gas station and brought her home. She liked going outside, so originally went out a lot until I firmly told everyone to keep her inside. She was pregnant when we got her and as such thanks to her and the local strays, we have quite a few kitties now. So I affectionately call her 'Momma Cat Friend'. We've had her for about 6 years though almost.

This is Muffin, one of Cat Friend's kittens I decided to keep. She's such a pretty girl and very affectionate once warmed up to some one. Strangers make her very skittish and it takes her awhile to get used to anyone. She cries a lot for attention when you pet her and wont let you stop, least she meows and swats at you to continue. Such a needy girl. She's about 4 or 5 years old.

This is Sunflower, or Sunny for short. He's about two years old and recently tested positive for FIV. He's a healthy boy, though pretty skittish. He hides a lot with new people and often from the other cats if they get too rowdy. He's such a momma's boy though and always comes when called and loves attention. We think he's related to Cat Friend, because his father may be one of her sons that my mom took in to her home, as he came from a litter from my mom's cat. (Excuse my dirty mattress, sheets are off to be washed and those are lots of old stains from bottle feeding kitties over the years on the edge of my bed lol)

Here's my Raven boy. He's 8 months old and he and his sister are the babies of the family. They were bottle fed and hand raised by me from about 2 weeks of age. Their mom was a stray cat that wound up missing (or I assume sick and dead) and left her babies all scattered in my yard. Raven and his sisters were the only survivors out of a litter of 7 that I managed to save. His name comes from a cat in the Warriors series actually named 'Ravenpaw'. He's very rowdy and loves getting into things (and boxes).

This is Cinder, Raven's sister that I decided to keep. She's my cuddle baby, and is always coming up in bed with me at night and demanding attention. She's just as rowdy as her brother though and has a bad habit of attacking my feet under the covers (ouch!) She's named after another character in the Warriors series named 'Cinderpelt'.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
565E115C-1AF9-4779-AAA9-FEC9629A93A2.gif
Grillby and gang, on behalf of The Catsite community, a belated
9C46FEE7-8B1D-4628-9786-2CEFA343B759.jpeg
to all of you

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Your kitties are lovely! :lovecat: :lovecat2:

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Lovely cats. Thank you for taking in the ones who needed someone. :catlove:

Not sure if you've seen our Caring for Strays and Ferals but with your strays and rescues, you will fit right in.:petcat:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You have such beautiful cats! Was Raven trying to get into the Oreos???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Grillby

Proud cat mom of eight
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the warm welcome! :kneading: I have peeked at the "Caring for Strays and Ferals" threads a few time, but haven't really posted much yet in general anywhere.

He indeed was. My mom didn't believe me he tries to get into my goodies all the time so I tried to snap a picture of him in the act. lol Doesn't matter what it is, he's always trying to get into it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hearthrob:Welcome! Your kitties are beautiful. I have a special soft spot for the calicos and torties, especially dilutes!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hithere: Thank you for the pictures - such a beautiful family! Tickle Tummy looks like a big (not fat) boy all right! And Raven is just a sleek black panther with a mischievous look on his face. Your girls are gorgeous with unique coat patterns. So glad that you joined us and bless you for taking in all those cats! See you in the forums :petcat: